Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#706635 08/10/11 03:03 PM
Ginger4 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba

MouseMitts developed a different approach to gaining a good hand position while mousing and keying. Especially with the SoftSplint, the positioning of the wrist pad makes a great difference.

MouseMitts.com is a small California company that produces different and very useful wrist support for the mouser and keyboarder. I like the Soft Splint as a hand / wrist protector for the general user and for the person recovering from injury after the initial phase.

Mouse Mitt - Product Review

Virginia Hixson
Ergonomics Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Ginger4 #706662 08/10/11 04:11 PM
S
S
Virginia, While I have read a number of your articles and those of others on the Ergonomics website, I am new to this forum (just registered). Based on your note and product review on the MouseMitt, it sounds as though this product is very different from a cumbersome wrist splint which I understand should NOT be worn while one is keyboarding and/or mousing. Is my understanding correct? As an industrial hygienist with responsibility for conducting ergonomic evaluations of computer workstations, I am concerned when wrist splints are prescribed by medical personnel or self-prescribed and then worn during keyboarding and mousing. I welcome your comments.

Ginger4 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Hi Steve,

Yes, you are exactly right! This product (especially the Soft Spling - I'm not so fond of the other designs) gives us another type of tool to use in an overall approach to upper extremity RSI.

I've ordered a new set so that I can be sure the design still matches the pair I have that work so well. I did hope they might be in by the time I posted, but best laid plans etc....As you know products sometimes change over time. I will let you know when they come in and i have a chance to try them out.

Virginia Hixson
Ergonomics Editor
Ginger4 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Hello again Steve,

My new Soft Splints arrived today. They are still a good product and still do not promote awkward elbow or shoulder postures. I have updated my article to include the new product information.
They are sized slightly smaller and the fabric has changed - making them better for arthritics, but making fit a little more of an issue. If they are small they do provide some constriction through the hand although not enough to limit movement in any way. The wrist area remains nicely loose - so they avoid pressure across the carpal tunnel. The thumb is also well shaped and should not cause trouble for those with DeQuervains.(oops. out of space).

Virginia Hixson
Ergonomics Editor

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.