Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
R
I've always wanted to know more about my grandfather. He is shrouded in mystery as he died when my mother was 11 and now my grandmother is gone.

I found who I thought was his son by his first wife on ancestry.com. I contacted the guy whose tree it was and was my possible uncle's grandson. He said that it could not be the same person because his grandfather was born in texas and then wouldn't talk to me anymore. This sounds about right because there was a lot of resentment from that side.

I still felt that they were the same person, but my grandfather's name on his tree was different but with the same initials, same birthday and date of death, and same place of birth. But he has a story attached to his tree that contradicts everything he has in his tree yet is very similar to my grandfather's story with some things slightly different.

Should I assume that this is the right connection and use the information the man has such as the first wife's name to help get leads?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Hi Rebecca,

I would use the information he has as a clue. In this case you will need to either prove it true or prove it false. Don't assume it is your grandfather until you have done an exhaustive search. Hopefully, along the way you will find something that ties it altogether.

R
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
R
When I spoke to my mother she remembered her half-brother's wife's name. But she had forgotten that she had died and he had remarried. I remember his second wife. When I did more research, this man was married to a woman named Jo and a woman named Bobbie. Births and deaths all match but the name of my grandfather which is different.

Either he changed his name for some reason or this man who is my grandfather's great-grandson has got all the names mixed up. Talk about being a detective!!

R
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
R
Some other people on the research site suggested that my grandfather had more than two names and when by different ones at different points in his life. That could be.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Rebecca, I am just reading this interesting family story. I agree with Angie, use the other family information as a guide and use sources to either prove or disprove his data.

Please keep us updated, and as always, please feel free to contact me via email if you need any help.

Ebook: Getting Started in Genealogy

Tina Sansone
Ebook Manager
GENEALOGY Editor
R
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
R
Tina, thanks. I'm just hoping to find something with all of his names. It took me forever but I found the marriage license of him and my grandmother. You'd be proud of me. I pumped my mother for info and found out a lot of things I never knew. That is the only reason I found that.

Moderated by  GtownmaGenealogy 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.