Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Cassandra, I just wanted to say that I love your site and thought this was a fantastic article.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
Sorry but I completely disagree with this entire article. She was trying to be o.k. with being out of shape and unhealthy as most women that size are but the fact is that at her height being a size 16 is not only unhealthy it's dangerous.

Maybe you think she's taken it too far and maybe a size 6 is a bit much but that is really a personal preference. Who is anybody to judge what she feels is right for her body or her career or if she changed her mind about not wanting to be a BBW. More power to her.

The statement you make in your article about how "It would be phenomenal if Weight Watchers selected a mother with 4 children, a husband, and a full-time job who earn less than a combined income of $50,000 a year to tell her story of how to exercise and juggle marriage, work and children. It would be interesting to listen to how an everyday, average, middleclass mother teach people how to buy healthy cuts of meat, fruits, and vegetables that are perishable and fairly expensive on a low-income budget." is a reality for a lot of women. Hundreds of women who make even less money than that get healthy on a regular basis.

I did it when I was unemployed and struggling with my marriage too. I lost my last 10 pounds after my divorce, while supporting me and my son working 3 jobs and making what would be considered poverty level income so it can be done, it does happen and WW and other companies do feature stories about regular people on their site.

Don't get me wrong, I personally can't stand WW or most diet/supplement companies because the reality is that if a woman really wants to get healthy and reach her ideal weight she can do it with virtually no equipment and no help. That's how most of us who do it actually do it. There's hundreds of blogs and sites online with these types of stories. It's all a matter of what you choose to focus on.

It's almost like it's a sin to be normal these days. You either have to be overweight or obese or rail thing to get any damnrespect!

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 03/31/11 06:17 PM.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.