Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Passw0rd, LLTC, ethniccode, Sony Raycom, Ms. Gotrocks
57294 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57295 Members
417 Forums
113259 Topics
803420 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 594
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 370
Beetlemess 286
Jana - Creativity Editor 213
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 77
Nancy Roussy 64
Dorcie's 53
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 50
Mona - Astronomy 48
Susan - Meditation Editor 43
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#631826 - 09/23/10 11:01 PM Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion?
Judie Quilting Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

I've written an article on why I quilt and I'd be interested to know why bellaonline quilting readers have chosen quilting to be their hobby passion.

Hop onto this forum and tell us what motivated you to start quilting, and why you continue to do so.

Cheerio for now

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting

Add Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? to Twitter Add Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? to Facebook Add Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? to MySpace Add Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? to Del.icio.us Digg Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? Add Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? to Yahoo My Web Add Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? to Google Bookmarks Add Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? to Stumbleupon Add Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? to Reddit
#631831 - 09/23/10 11:19 PM Re: Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
Phyllis Doyle Burns Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Reno, NV
Quilting, for me, is a very rewarding experience. I started quilting years ago when I had scraps of fabric building up so much I had to do something with them. I made a little patch quilt for my baby. It made me feel good, pratical, and creative.

I now quilt with a lot more creativity and am making a Victorian crazy quilt for my brother, an appliqued block quilt for my daughter and a log cabin design for myself.

I do not work on them often, but when I do I love it.

Add Re: Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? to Twitter Add Re: Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? to Facebook Add Re: Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? to MySpace Add Re: Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? Add Re: Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? to Reddit
#633030 - 09/28/10 12:22 AM Re: Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Big-Mamas-Legacy Offline

Loc: West Texas
My great-grandmother taught me the basics of piecing when I was very young and I was hooked! The creativity element challenges me and the joy it gives me to give a quilt to someone drives me to make another and then another. As the Coordinator of the Lubbock Chapter of Project Linus I've taken my passion a step further as I help others to participate in the making of blankets (quilts, blankets, & afghans) for local children suffering from trauma. Lisa Allen Lubbock, TX

Add Re: Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? to Twitter Add Re: Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? to Facebook Add Re: Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? to MySpace Add Re: Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? Add Re: Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? to Reddit
#633087 - 09/28/10 02:28 AM Re: Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? [Re: Big-Mamas-Legacy]
sara1955 Offline
Gecko

Loc: Lamesa TX
Lubbock!!! **perking up**

#633469 - 09/29/10 02:27 AM Re: Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? [Re: sara1955]
Big-Mamas-Legacy Offline

Loc: West Texas
Howdy neighbor! Do you quilt? Lisa Allen Lubbock, TX

#633478 - 09/29/10 03:03 AM Re: Why have you chosen quilting as a hobby passion? [Re: Big-Mamas-Legacy]
sara1955 Offline
Gecko

Loc: Lamesa TX
Yes I do, and knit and sew (of course) and crochet and counted cross-stitch. All that's on the back burner basically, I go to school full time.

As it's getting cooler though I love to stitch

Moderator:  Judie Quilting Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Free E-Book for Building School Success
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
12:29 AM
Invitation to Sign up for the Sandwich Newsletter
Sandwiches
12:23 AM
Thin Sandwiches with Bold Taste
Sandwiches
12:17 AM
Nurture Can Improve Cortical Thickness in ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder
12:11 AM
What Did You Write Today?
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Fiction Writing
11:38 PM
stone beads
by hlee1321
Jewelry Making
11:34 PM
HD Foundation
by Kimberly - Cosmetics
Cosmetics
11:21 PM
Preparing Your Environment for SAD
by Rayna - Depression Editor
Depression
10:32 PM
Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss
by Leah - BellaWellness Host
Wellness
10:16 PM
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
09:52 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 58 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.