BellaOnline
I've written an article on why I quilt and I'd be interested to know why bellaonline quilting readers have chosen quilting to be their hobby passion.

Hop onto this forum and tell us what motivated you to start quilting, and why you continue to do so.

Cheerio for now
Quilting, for me, is a very rewarding experience. I started quilting years ago when I had scraps of fabric building up so much I had to do something with them. I made a little patch quilt for my baby. It made me feel good, pratical, and creative.

I now quilt with a lot more creativity and am making a Victorian crazy quilt for my brother, an appliqued block quilt for my daughter and a log cabin design for myself.

I do not work on them often, but when I do I love it.
My great-grandmother taught me the basics of piecing when I was very young and I was hooked! The creativity element challenges me and the joy it gives me to give a quilt to someone drives me to make another and then another. As the Coordinator of the Lubbock Chapter of Project Linus I've taken my passion a step further as I help others to participate in the making of blankets (quilts, blankets, & afghans) for local children suffering from trauma. Lisa Allen Lubbock, TX
Lubbock!!! **perking up**
Howdy neighbor! Do you quilt? Lisa Allen Lubbock, TX
Yes I do, and knit and sew (of course) and crochet and counted cross-stitch. All that's on the back burner basically, I go to school full time.

As it's getting cooler though I love to stitch
© BellaOnline Forums