logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#150260 10/17/03 04:24 PM
OP Offline
Hello out there, I was just wondering if any of you out there has PCOS. I am only 23 and was diagnosed 2 1/2 yrs. ago. My husband and I have been trying for a year to have a baby, but no luck yet. We have tried chlomid so far. Is there anything that you found out that works better then the next. If you have can you please let me know. I am getting ready to see my doctor soon, and I would like to have options.

Thank you,
Amanda

Sponsored Post Advertisement
smustang #500313 03/06/09 07:37 AM
I
I
hey i found out two months ago that i have PCOS i was scared cause i did not know what it was are if i can have babies cause i know thats what i want more then anything in the world. I found out sunday i am two months pregnant, I am scared as hell i read about the risks and they are high but also my doctor put me on meftrom i think it is spelled like that they took it from me when they found out i was pregnant I am in the army and they are big on families and they know not to give medicine while pregnant also i was using geratol as well the toxic so I think it was the mixture of both not sure but i know i am two months pregnant and happy hope you get the same results god bless you.

india25 #500676 03/07/09 01:49 PM
W
W
Congratulations. PCOS makes it harder to conceive, but just because you have PCOS does not mean you can't conceive; as you already know. A lot of Doctors actually recommend you stay on metformin during the first period of your pregnancy. Metformin is an insulin reducer, alot of women with PCOS have high insulin, however, it also works to help your body work the way it's suppose to. Don't worry - Things are going to be fine, Alot of women who have PCOS have babies - and the risks are not that great with just having PCOS... is there something else going on as well, because PCOS is not a risk factor for pregnancies to the best of my knowledge.

wingsofbeauty #627893 09/12/10 12:49 AM
Z
Z
FYI: Metformin actually works by lowering the body's resistance to insulin, not the other way around. its relatively safe to use during pregnancy and is definately advisable to keep using it through the first trimester at least. Anyway: I was diagnosed with PCOS two years ago. Very long cycles (90+ days), acne, excess body hair, excess androgens.. I lost 25 kilos and this didnt have any effect and I was definately within a healthy range! But in the last two months my cycles has switched to a normal 28 day range. I was baffled as my last two cycles have been fairly normal and then I was doing some reading and figured out why: My doctor prescribed some Vitamin D tablets (one a fortnight) and I switched to a full vegetarian diet two months ago and am eating alot of soy products.. This is the only thing that I am doing differently, and it wasnt to get my cycle under control: It was for completly different reasons!!

smustang #628852 09/14/10 08:11 PM
H
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
H
Hi there, how did the Clomid work? Did you ovulate with it? When you see your doctor make sure that you get a 25-hydroxy-vitamin D test to check your levels. Ideally you want to be between 50 - 80, this can really help your body to ovulate. Also make sure that you get your thyroid checked out with a TSH and Free T4, hypothyroid problems are common with PCOS. You should also ask your doctor to check your thyroid antibodies, women with PCOS are much more likely to have autoimmune thyroid disease which - if you have it - is treatable. These simple tests can often help enormously. If you haven't already had the regular tests for testosterone and DHEA to check if your androgens are high make sure they get done. Studies recently have shown that statin drugs are very effective for some women with PCOS - I'll write an article on this soon. Hope this is helpful, have a great evening, Hannah

Last edited by Hannah - Infertility; 09/14/10 09:39 PM.

Hannah Calef

Infertility Editor

Moderated by  Hannah - Infertility 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.