logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#614255 08/01/10 04:29 PM
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
What do you do to bring Harmony and Balance into your life?

The Ancient Ones were always in tune with Nature. There is nothing quite as wonderful as connecting to Nature. It brings Harmony and Balance into one's life.

How do you stay in tune with Nature?

Debbie Striker, our Creativity Editor, has a great article on "Connecting To Yourself Through Nature". Stop by Debbie's forum and read the article at: Creativity Forum

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 08/01/10 05:01 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I stretch. I burn incense and sage. I love on my dogs. these things bring me peace.

I also avoid drama like the plague, and while this may make me the 'peace maker', life is far too short to be miserable.

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
When my balance is out of whack, I get "grounded" literally. Shoes off and bare toes wiggling in the sand, dirt or grass. When we go to the Tribal Grounds, I spread out and lay on Mother Earth. That particular piece of land has been prayed over and blessed for many years and is very healing and restoring.

When we go to the beach, I don't wash off the sand. I love the feel of the sand on my feet and in my shoes. What's irrating to some, extends the peace and strength I received from the ocean.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I work at an out door garden center...tho they are bound I am playing in the dirt and talking to the plants all day.

And the girls I work with are kind of surprised that I too do not mind being dirty, it is good honest dirt.

Reminds me of a woman going on about how a stain on my shawl must be sentimental because I hadn't washed it off, I told her it was simply meant to be there. Which she then reiterated that it must be sentimental, she was hell bent this was the reason I obviously wasn't taking care of my things. My 'momma' and I just looked at each other and smiled. (the 'stain' was tarnish marks were from a bracelet made of a machine gun belt with empty shells from the Vietnam war. While none of my relatives were in 'Nam, certainly a large number of men and women in my pow wow circle are.)

sorry bout 'story time'

Last edited by Wendy Tall One; 08/07/10 11:16 PM.

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
"Sentimental Stains" That phrase is a keeper for the next time someone asks about the stains on my yoke. They are sentimental stains from Momma Martin's Frybread and honey enjoyed in the past. As long as I have the yoke, she will always be with me.

Last edited by lcp012586; 08/08/10 12:07 PM.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
S
Parakeet
Parakeet
S
I walk the dogs on trails that I have created and watch the butterflys, hawks, crows, toads and snakes - peace decendes and envelopes me and I sigh.

Susan Hopf
Horses and Animal Life site editor
Horses Website
Horses Forum
Animal Life Site

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.