Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Kellyack91, sienawilson, test18818, Home Circus, anthonyroman1210
56583 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56583 Members
417 Forums
111489 Topics
786300 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 277
Nancy Roussy 174
Rosie 66 158
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 138
loongdragon 112
James Andrew 109
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 76
Lestie4containergardens 65
Jilly 65
Susan - Meditation Editor 52
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#597919 - 05/01/10 04:41 PM How to get a young man interested in beading
ShalasBeads Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Loc: Alaska
Opening this thread for suggestions. For my son, I've found that he's interested in wirework and chain mail. Less interested in seed beads. I think if I'd gotten to him younger and had him design a bracelet that may have worked.

Add How to get a young man interested in beading to Twitter Add How to get a young man interested in beading to Facebook Add How to get a young man interested in beading to MySpace Add How to get a young man interested in beading to Del.icio.us Digg How to get a young man interested in beading Add How to get a young man interested in beading to Yahoo My Web Add How to get a young man interested in beading to Google Bookmarks Add How to get a young man interested in beading to Stumbleupon Add How to get a young man interested in beading to Reddit
#597922 - 05/01/10 04:47 PM Re: How to get a young man interested in beading [Re: ShalasBeads]
Lori - Marriage Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

Loc: Orange, CA USA
He sounds very masculine-oriented so why not suggest learning to make some symbolic pendants that protect the warrior in him (chain mail made me think of armor)? Necklaces and bracelets that hold meaning are very popular among young people today. Maybe with a bead with a Japanese symbol for courage, bravery, strength, wisdom or something like that. His friends will want him to make them one.

Also, if he is older, you might suggest that he learn seed beading to give as gifts to female family members or girl friends. wink

BellaOnline.com Marriage
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Dreams editor
Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Add Re: How to get a young man interested in beading to Twitter Add Re: How to get a young man interested in beading to Facebook Add Re: How to get a young man interested in beading to MySpace Add Re: How to get a young man interested in beading to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How to get a young man interested in beading Add Re: How to get a young man interested in beading to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How to get a young man interested in beading to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How to get a young man interested in beading to Stumbleupon Add Re: How to get a young man interested in beading to Reddit
#597927 - 05/01/10 05:18 PM Re: How to get a young man interested in beading [Re: ShalasBeads]
Maureen-Twisted artist Offline
Gecko

Loc: Springfield, MA

There are many ways to created beading that would be more male preference such as working with metals and maybe leather. There are many masculine styles of jewelry that can be created.

Back when I was in school ( a lifetime ago) the football team was required to take basket weaving and beading for the therapeutic purposes as well as to mentally center themselves

Add Re: How to get a young man interested in beading to Twitter Add Re: How to get a young man interested in beading to Facebook Add Re: How to get a young man interested in beading to MySpace Add Re: How to get a young man interested in beading to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How to get a young man interested in beading Add Re: How to get a young man interested in beading to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How to get a young man interested in beading to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How to get a young man interested in beading to Stumbleupon Add Re: How to get a young man interested in beading to Reddit
#597955 - 05/01/10 08:46 PM Re: How to get a young man interested in beading [Re: ShalasBeads]
Phyllis Doyle Burns Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Reno, NV
Wanting to make a masculine bracelet or applique picture, like a buffalo, would be a great way to encourage him. I like the idea of incorporating "the warrior in him" as Chi said.

Some of the best beaders in the world are Native American men. One excellent example is David Dean. You can read my article on a book review I did for him at Native American Traditional Beading

Here is a Buffalo I beaded for my grandson (12 years old). He loves it so much and wants to learn how to bead like this. He would sit for hours and watch me bead his Buffalo, touch the beads and just marvel at how his "buffalo was growing". I framed it in a very masculine frame with a tan suede background.

Moderator:  ShalasBeads 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Big news - signature of Big Bang inflation found!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
3 minutes 40 seconds ago
Happy Earth Day!
by Kathryn - Short Stories
Short Stories
24 minutes 7 seconds ago
The German Day of Beer - Tag des Bieres
by Francine - German Culture
German Culture
30 minutes 34 seconds ago
Turn Your Passion into a Profitable Business
by Angel - Business Coach
Business Coach
Today at 01:21 PM
Greetings from Kathryn
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Short Stories
Today at 01:20 PM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 01:12 PM
Gardening Bumper Stickers
by Beetlemess
Container Gardening
Today at 01:04 PM
The Gifts of ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 12:56 PM
Arbor Day 25th April
by Lestie4containergardens
Container Gardening
Today at 12:46 PM
Leather Jewelry Tips
by Anthony Roman
Jewelry Making
Today at 11:25 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
5 registered (Rosie 66, Kathryn - Short Stories, Izeigo, Mona - Astronomy, 1 invisible), 152 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.