Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Opening this thread for suggestions. For my son, I've found that he's interested in wirework and chain mail. Less interested in seed beads. I think if I'd gotten to him younger and had him design a bracelet that may have worked.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
He sounds very masculine-oriented so why not suggest learning to make some symbolic pendants that protect the warrior in him (chain mail made me think of armor)? Necklaces and bracelets that hold meaning are very popular among young people today. Maybe with a bead with a Japanese symbol for courage, bravery, strength, wisdom or something like that. His friends will want him to make them one.

Also, if he is older, you might suggest that he learn seed beading to give as gifts to female family members or girl friends. wink

Gecko
Gecko

There are many ways to created beading that would be more male preference such as working with metals and maybe leather. There are many masculine styles of jewelry that can be created.

Back when I was in school ( a lifetime ago) the football team was required to take basket weaving and beading for the therapeutic purposes as well as to mentally center themselves

Proud Pagan
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Wanting to make a masculine bracelet or applique picture, like a buffalo, would be a great way to encourage him. I like the idea of incorporating "the warrior in him" as Chi said.

Some of the best beaders in the world are Native American men. One excellent example is David Dean. You can read my article on a book review I did for him at Native American Traditional Beading

Here is a Buffalo I beaded for my grandson (12 years old). He loves it so much and wants to learn how to bead like this. He would sit for hours and watch me bead his Buffalo, touch the beads and just marvel at how his "buffalo was growing". I framed it in a very masculine frame with a tan suede background.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain

Moderated by  ShalasBeads 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/13/24 08:03 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/10/24 08:39 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/06/24 02:11 PM
Curiosity and Learning
by Angie - 04/06/24 09:56 AM
Easy to Sew Pillowcases
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/03/24 04:38 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/31/24 01:10 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.