Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Camilahart12, cindimac, Tina Tourist, Indian55, aambroise
57024 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57024 Members
417 Forums
112584 Topics
796129 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 843
Beetlemess 635
Karm - SW USA Editor 358
Nancy Roussy 179
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 136
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 122
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 121
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 118
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 102
Linu 68
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#597098 - 04/24/10 02:15 PM How long to pray
Lynne - ChristianLiving Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Loc: Indiana
It is not easy to keep on praying when you are continually disappointed. How long do you pray before you give up?

My article this week is about the parable of the persistent widow.
Persistent Prayer

Lynne Waite Chapman

Christian Living @ BellaOnline
Women of the Bible E-Book and the Names of God E-Book

Updo, Hair Color, Ageless Women E-Books and Hair Information

Follow us on Facebook -- Facebook.com/Bible.Living

Add How long to pray to Twitter Add How long to pray to Facebook Add How long to pray to MySpace Add How long to pray to Del.icio.us Digg How long to pray Add How long to pray to Yahoo My Web Add How long to pray to Google Bookmarks Add How long to pray to Stumbleupon Add How long to pray to Reddit
#597147 - 04/24/10 07:18 PM Re: How long to pray [Re: Lynne - ChristianLiving]
LeeAnn-Bible Basics Offline
Shark

Loc: Idaho, USA
I vote for King David's strategy...fast and pray with all your might until the situation is over, then get up, take a bath and eat. Never give up while there's a chance for a YES answer, until the NO is final.

Then again, Paul apparently stopped asking for the thorn in his flesh to be removed after three requests. I'm thinking sensitivity to how God's leading you to pray is paramount in each situation.

Add Re: How long to pray to Twitter Add Re: How long to pray to Facebook Add Re: How long to pray to MySpace Add Re: How long to pray to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How long to pray Add Re: How long to pray to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How long to pray to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How long to pray to Stumbleupon Add Re: How long to pray to Reddit
#597158 - 04/24/10 09:03 PM Re: How long to pray [Re: LeeAnn-Bible Basics]

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

I think you are right. Pray until you know you have an answer. I think Paul got his answer after the three requests. "My grace is sufficient."

But it you have no answer, keep praying.

Lynne Waite Chapman

Add Re: How long to pray to Twitter Add Re: How long to pray to Facebook Add Re: How long to pray to MySpace Add Re: How long to pray to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How long to pray Add Re: How long to pray to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How long to pray to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How long to pray to Stumbleupon Add Re: How long to pray to Reddit
#597826 - 04/30/10 10:23 PM Re: How long to pray [Re: Lynne - ChristianLiving]
Vance Today in History Ed Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Loc: Gloversville, New York
How often do you pray about something though? If I pray for someone to be healed of cancer for instance, how often do I pray for it? I have been told that prayers get answered in God's time which is obviously different from our time so do you pray everyday? Every hour? Every week?

Isn't once enough to pray for something without "being annoying"? If God answers prayers in His time, who are we to keep asking for something knowing that He is going to answer it with a yes or a no?

#597842 - 05/01/10 01:43 AM Re: How long to pray [Re: Vance Today in History Ed]

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

I have a feeling that God would never consider it annoying to have His children talk to Him. He is a much better parent than I was - I remember that my daughter would say "Mom" so many times I thought about changing my name.

According to the parable I wrote about, God wants us to ask and keep on asking until we get satisfaction. I think that when we are in tune with God, satisfaction will come when we know we have an answer even if the answer is not what we wanted.

Lynne Waite Chapman

#597898 - 05/01/10 01:43 PM Re: How long to pray [Re: Lynne - ChristianLiving]
Vance Today in History Ed Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Loc: Gloversville, New York
Ok, so maybe He wants us to keep asking so He knows we are serious about our prayers and not just asking or praying about something because it will make us feel good about ourselves or just "fulfilling our Christian duty?"

Edited by Vance, Bellaonline Editor (05/01/10 01:45 PM)

#597901 - 05/01/10 01:51 PM Re: How long to pray [Re: Vance Today in History Ed]
Profesor_Patricio Offline

Loc: Oakland, Ca
Many times I pray just to fully check in. In our busy lives when things are not always going particularly well or particularly bad I try to pray just tro thank God for another day and let him know that I am thinking of him as well as review my actions and interactions with others during that day.

#597924 - 05/01/10 05:01 PM Re: How long to pray [Re: Lynne - ChristianLiving]
Maureen-Twisted artist Offline
Gecko

Loc: Springfield, MA
Originally Posted By: Lynne Chapman
I think you are right. Pray until you know you have an answer. I think Paul got his answer after the three requests. "My grace is sufficient."

But it you have no answer, keep praying.

This is just my opinion but I think that once should be enough otherwise to me it would almost be like nagging. Why wouldn�t your first prayer be good enough to be heard? Sometimes not receiving answer is an answer in itself. Maybe having to wait and be patient is what is needed for that prayer- as patience is a virtue.

Not all prayers are meant to be answered either for whatever reasons be--

#597949 - 05/01/10 08:07 PM Re: How long to pray [Re: Maureen-Twisted artist]

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Quote:
Why wouldn�t your first prayer be good enough to be heard?

I understand what you mean, Maureen. God knows everything anyway. It does seem that once would be enough. It's just that, that isn't what the Bible says to do.

Lynne Waite Chapman

#607720 - 06/29/10 11:12 AM Re: How long to pray [Re: Lynne - ChristianLiving]
Shula Offline
Amoeba

Loc: South Africa
P.U.S.H - Pray Until Something Happens

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Lynne - ChristianLiving 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Sides du jour
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
6 minutes 57 seconds ago
21 Ways to Enhance Your Life with ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
9 minutes 0 seconds ago
Where do you walk?
by Dianne W - Editor
Walking
9 minutes 3 seconds ago
is orange lipstick still in?
by Dianne W - Editor
Beauty Basics
11 minutes 46 seconds ago
Sharknado 2
by Dianne W - Editor
Horror Movies
13 minutes 40 seconds ago
Budget Bytes Book Review
by Dianne W - Editor
Home Finance
14 minutes 59 seconds ago
Learn from Investing Mistakes
by Dianne W - Editor
Investing
18 minutes 10 seconds ago
How do YOU watch a series?
by Dianne W - Editor
Action Movies
20 minutes 49 seconds ago
Replace one word... (new game)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
53 minutes 23 seconds ago
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
55 minutes 33 seconds ago
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Connie - ADD/Sandwiches), 63 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.