Next Thread
Print Thread
#579836 01/21/10 08:01 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
My cousin's cat has been missing for about 2 weeks. She was an inddoor/outdoor cat - a beautiful white manx. We thought that someone had probably let her into their home and taken her in.

The other day the cat came home and was bleeding from the back paw and would not let my cousin get near her - she was hiding in a bramble in the back yard. She finally had to call the humane society to get someone to come help get her.

Someone had shot the cat in one of her back legs and had taken a hammer to the other back leg. The humane society put her to sleep because they said there was no way that she could recover from her injuries. They also said they are doing an investigation into it because there has been another animal reported with similar injuries in the same area.

How do people do things like this? This was not a mean cat. This was a loving cat that would walk up to anyone and just love all over them. I am just sickened by the amount of cruelty and lack of caring that a person would have to have to do something like this. frown

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
Animal torture is sometimes followed by torture or worse of humans. I hope that the Humane Society can find the perpetrator before worse happens.

S
Parakeet
Parakeet
S
Very sad and disturbing. I cannot fathom the souless creature that could inflict such harm on an innocent - hope they find whomever did it - unforutnately if/when they do their punishement will not be sufficent - probably a fine or minimum jail time if they cannot afford the fine. Another sad point - if they are indeed doint this to many animals they may actually be considered a person with criminal intent and subsequently interred in a physciatric facility - hopefully forever.

Susan Hopf
Horses and Animal Life site editor
Horses Website
Horses Forum
Animal Life Site
Koala
Koala
How awful. I know a lot of people will disagree with me but I think we are horribly desensitized. Through generations we spent time with our families talking perhaps talking over cards or work. Even working on fencing and odd farm chores we would talk. Now we rarely see each other. If I heard of just one of the horrible things that have happened just in this single day I would have probably thrown-up on the spot.

We have TV, movies, video games, Fox news, CNN, and mounds more media influencing our daily thoughts. We see killings, more killing, we are saturated with killing. How can kids possibly see how wonderful, fragile, and sweet life is with this over exposure to blood, aggression, hate, and violence?

Not just kids are affected by all this desensitizing, we are affected if we want to believe it or not. I never use to get really angry. Just political messages make me so angry at times I feel briefly the need for retribution.

No animal deserves such cruelty.

C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
C
Originally Posted By: Spirituality&SFFMoviesEd
...Someone had shot the cat in one of her back legs and had taken a hammer to the other back leg. The humane society put her to sleep because they said there was no way that she could recover from her injuries. They also said they are doing an investigation into it because there has been another animal reported with similar injuries in the same area...

It makes my heart ache when I hear things like this. The level of cruelty and violent we witness in this world makes me really sad sometimes. However, what we can do together is to continue to be the source of good and kindness so we can make the world a peaceful and much better place.

Michelle, my heart goes out to you, your cousin and this beautiful kitty. I hope this kitty is resting at the rainbow bridge, a place that she will never experience this level of cruelty and injustice again.

Loving thoughts to all.

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.