My cousin's cat has been missing for about 2 weeks. She was an inddoor/outdoor cat - a beautiful white manx. We thought that someone had probably let her into their home and taken her in.

The other day the cat came home and was bleeding from the back paw and would not let my cousin get near her - she was hiding in a bramble in the back yard. She finally had to call the humane society to get someone to come help get her.

Someone had shot the cat in one of her back legs and had taken a hammer to the other back leg. The humane society put her to sleep because they said there was no way that she could recover from her injuries. They also said they are doing an investigation into it because there has been another animal reported with similar injuries in the same area.

How do people do things like this? This was not a mean cat. This was a loving cat that would walk up to anyone and just love all over them. I am just sickened by the amount of cruelty and lack of caring that a person would have to have to do something like this. frown

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor