Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
Do you ever wonder if you could do by mistake something God won't forgive? My understanding is there's only one thing He can't forgive and that, logically enough, is rejection. That's my interpretation of "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit". My thoughts on that at http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art57969.asp.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Yes I have wondered what it means and if I accidently did it. what I was told is that very few people are even capable of it that it means you verbally abused God and outwardly deny his existence. Basically what you said. They told me this in Bible college. I graduated from Elim Bible College in 1990. So anyway you definitely are aware if you have done such a thing, whew even when my mother was struck with Breast CA I know I didn't do that I was upset though and did yell at him I hate to admit Linda

Sarah Redhawk
L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
Well, Linda, I'm not sure everyone is aware that their rejecting God will sooner or later have permanent consequences. The key is, it's not unforgivable until you've no more days left to repent of it. And who can count on more days? I'm hoping I was coherent about this in the article. If it's not clear there, let me know, will you?

God can handle being yelled at, for sure. If there's one Person you can be real with, it's Him. No fake smiles needed there. I am so grateful He loves me no matter how foul my mood, and no matter how I mess up. I'm His, and that's forever.

D
Shark
Shark
D
Great article, LeeAnn!

My pastor has said that this sin and verse specifically refers to those religious leaders of the day who tried to attribute Jesus' wisdom and miracles to the work of Satan to discredit Him.

I think your article makes more sense of this passage and applies it to living in the Light today. Thanks!

Don McKay, Softball Editor
Softball Site
Softball Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I think that when you are yelling at God for the troubles in life, you are closer to Him than when everything is going great. You are acknowledging Him and are in fellowship with Him.

I've never pinned down what I think the unforgivable sin is but I'm sure no one can commit it by accident. God makes it clear to everyone (every nationality, every language) just what it takes to be forgiven.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
The way I always have understood it is to blaspheme against God to someone else, particularly someone who is still lost. Because then you are purposefully leading someone away from God who may never again cross paths with a Christian.

Quote:
I think that when you are yelling at God for the troubles in life, you are closer to Him than when everything is going great. You are acknowledging Him and are in fellowship with Him.

I definitely agree with Lynne on this part. I know that at one point in my life when everything was at the absolute lowest point - and I was even beginning to question my faith, I was in my car on the way top pick up my son (the one with Asperger's) from his school for getting into yet another fight. I just started squalling and yelling out loud at God things like "why do you keep doing this to us? haven't we been through enough? etc, etc." (basically whining) - but I came to the sudden realization that I could not possibly be THAT angry and hurt with someone that I did not believe in. Also, you can't be hurt by someone you don't care about - so obviously, God still meant a great deal in my life, and I wasn't ready to give up, yet.

but I did need Him to hit me over the head to realize it!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
J
J

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Originally Posted By: JoyfullyJanet
Give the world the best you have,
and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you�ve got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis.
it is between you and God;
It is never between you and them anyway.

I had never heard or seen that before, thanks for sharing it Janet!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Elephant
Elephant
beautiful

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Worth reflecting on.

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.