logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Well, we visited 9 states & DC in the 2 weeks, so will have to figure that out. Can you tell I'm just in the planning stages? Curlytop

Sponsored Post Advertisement
G
Zebra
Zebra
G
You'll probably put the dates, etc, in a signature type block. What do you think you'll do for the 12th block? I never asked how old your granddaughter is. Will she remember the trip on her own?

I don't think I'd take any of my 6 grandchildren on an extended trip. (LOL) Day trips are enough.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
OP Offline
My granddaughter was 10; we decided to take each of our grandchildren on a 2 week vacation when they turned 10. We took our grandson (the oldest) west, and I have patterns for all his states visited. Next year our next granddaughter will turn 10, so are considering where to take her. If I get busy quilting, I hope to have each child's done by the time they graduate or marry. The 12th block may be something related to camping (how we traveled) or something special relating to the trip. You have given me LOTS of food for thought! Curlytop

P
P
I found some fabric at fabricsgalore.com called "Washington DC Monuments" from Timeless Treasures. It's rather a neutral color and I plan on using some as a background for a D.C. block in a 50 state quilt. Haven't decided on the block yet, found a few I like but still looking. Fabricsgalore ships quickly and everything I've gotten from them so far is quality fabric. Hope this helps.

CDM Offline
We have been to DC twice and I did lots of scrapbooking but not anything quilt related. I looked at the monument fabric that Pat in WA suggested...I think it is great way to represent time spent in DC perhaps as large blocks, border or even the back.
Good luck with the planning.

CINDY

Purple is not a color...it is a way of life!

G
Zebra
Zebra
G
I think it would also be a great 'USA' fabric without being so Red White and Blue. Patriotic and not in your face. I like it.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
OP Offline
Thanks to all for the info. I looked at the fabric, Pat and do like it. You have all been putting much more effort into this than I have as we've spent the summer in Alaska and quilting hasn't been a high priority! I plan to really get serious once we arrive in Tucson, AZ for the winter. Curlytop

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.