Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A
Hello!

Let's share our grocery store pet peeves.

Here are a few to get us started:

Having twenty five items in the ten items or less lane.

Being in a hurry and finding the aisle blocked by a reunion between long lost friends, who simply don't move, even with a polite "excuse me, I just need to grab a can of soup"... grin

So what's your grocery store pet peeve? smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Shark
Shark
S
Just went last night on my way home from work.
My pet peeve is people who block the aisle talking on cell phones and thier children are racing up and down the aisle.
sundancer
www.mikesssportingoods.ecrater.com

A
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A
Here's another one--

You're walking down the aisle, and there's someone who has stopped on one side, looking at her grocery list or an item on the shelf. Now, nothing wrong with that, right?

You start to go around them, and again, no big deal--that's just what you do in a grocery store. smile

But they sense you are coming and about to pass them.

The next think you know, they speed up like crazy just as you are about to make the pass.

Repeat about four times, until it's just easier to jump ship and hit another aisle, lol! grin

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Stocking the shelves during shopping hours.

Rosie L
Y
Amoeba
Amoeba
Y
People who zoom out of the isles with their carts and run into other people. Grrr. Maybe they should start putting mirrors on the end of each isle, so we can see who is coming.

yota
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OK Brandii - I swear we are twins separated at birth, LOL!!!

I kept going, "yes, yes, yes, YES!!!" everytime I read one of your pet peeves.

OK, let's add - parents who let their kids run around in the toys/candy/magazine aisle while they do their shopping. Like their little one (no matter how well behaved) is just going to stay put in one place! Have these parents not heard of kidnapping?!?

And people who eat fruit while they are shopping through the store. Ummm, fruit is kind of measured by weight - so if you sit there and eat it, then you are basically stealing it.

Ok - I'm sure I'll come up with more, but those will suffice for now.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
A
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A
Rosie, Sundancer, Yota, and Michelle, thank you all for adding your pet peeves! I can relate to all of them! smile

And Michelle, I'm happy to have a 'twin' out there who shares the same pet peeves--I was worried people would think I was nuts posting them.

I've got a new one:

I'm walking into the store. There is a person in front of the door (within an arms reach or two).

She is busy texting on her phone. Or checking e-mail. Or updating her facebook and twitter pages: "Heading into the store"...

Nothing wrong with any of those, as I also like e-mail, twitter, and facebook. I use them often, but not while blocking the entrance to the store.

I started going around her to go inside, and she, like the person in the grocery store isle(see post above)sensed it, and then all of a sudden had to fly through the door, and we about collided with each other.

If you are updating your twitter this and twitter that, or texting your family about what to purchase at the store, why not just step two steps over, and allow the happy traffic flow to continue (especially when there is a BENCH right next to the door)?

wall

I admit, there's much bigger issues to worry about. But, I think it's fun to talk with others who have had the same thoughts about these types of pet peeves.

Any other pet peeve stories out there?

Last edited by Cook4Kids&Adoption Editor; 07/02/09 03:13 PM.
T
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
T
I am glad I am not alone! I absolutely hate grocery shopping and inevitably the following happens in addition to the other pet peeves already listed:

I would like to take whoever invented those dreadful kiddie shopping carts and beat an apology out of them! I guess that sounds harsh but those carts are nothing but trouble and every one of them is a liability suit in the making!

Plus why is it that when I encounter someone in the first aisle, we subsequently meet up in every other aisle? Double annoyance when there is also, you guessed it, a kiddie cart!

Grocery shopping is a form of slavery, lol! Only good time to go is in the middle of the night when you have the store to yourself and you can be in and out in no time!

Tammy

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
And now you all know why I go grocery shopping at 6 or 7 am on Sundays.

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OK - this one is just gross! I saw a woman while we were traveling through the Amarillo, TX Walmart bite into an apple and put it back on the display in the middle. I stopped in my tracks, jawl dangling and slapped my husband in the chest.

His only thought - we'll never move to Amarillo, TX.

Other pet peeves are rearanging stores every couple of months and rude cashiers or the people who go back and forth over .15 - .25 they feel should have been credited them for a sale item.

Nothing wrong with frugal spending, but me personally, i'd go to customer service or watch the items ring up if I'm shopping specifically for bargains at that store.

One man in particular my husband encounterd was a man who took his change, stood there holding up the line and waited for a few minutes then interjected 2 orders later with, "You didn't give me my change!" He made a scene and the cashier calmly stated, "Sir I gave you your change. I can audit my drawer real quick if you'd like." With that he slunk into the crowd behind him.

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Angel Therapy, Consultations & Courses

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
French Open Tennis Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 05/30/24 01:20 AM
Bandana Essentials
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/29/24 05:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/29/24 05:24 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/27/24 08:37 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/27/24 08:26 PM
Outside the Box Sewing
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/25/24 12:37 PM
Fabric Flowers for Spring
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/15/24 10:40 PM
Review - Animated Illustrations by Jamie Bartlett
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/14/24 02:52 PM
Review - Adobe Animate Essential Training
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Learn EVERYTHING about Creating Repeat Patterns
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:04 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.