Page 1 of 2 1 2
#523231 05/26/09 07:12 PM
T
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
T
Hello All,

I would be willing to bet most of you here have ongoing conversations with your beloved cats. How many here use human language? How many here use cat language? And how many use a combination of both? I use a combination of both. Puma is extremely talkative so we have long chats. Pharoah has begun to speak more so we have some short chats. I sound exactly like Puma, and people have thought I was her. They were surprised to find it was me instead of her. I can also sound just like Pharoah. Of course, there is also non-verbal language. Besides the usual non verbal cat language, they let me know whether or not the menu of the day interests them by rubbing the side of their heads against the cans when they like it. They also bite the side of the can with the side teeth. We also feed them dry food, which Pharoah really likes. He prefers drinking water out of a glass and will drink my water. Put ice in it, and he's in cat paradise.

Walk In Balance,
Deer

Sponsored Post Advertisement
theresa13 #523389 05/27/09 01:03 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
My kitties like to drink out of my glass too. Much to the chagrin of my cousin, Xena didn't know the difference between mine and hers...I just got her a clean glass..no problem to me but my cousin was very insulted. Can you imagine that? My kitties rub against my face to let me know they love me and I talk to them every day..but I don't sound like them. I just had a funny thought. Have you ever spoken a foreign language? Sometimes if you get a word just a little wrong it can mean something totally different than what you want. Have you ever thought you might be saying something in "kitty talk" that you don't want to say...hahahahahhaha just a funny thought.

Granny
Thousands of years ago cats were considered Gods
Cats have never forgotten this.
WalkingGranny #523425 05/27/09 02:32 PM
T
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
T
Dear WalkingGranny,

We have friends who are chagrined when our cats climb up on the dining room table. All we have to do is put them down. Our cats also rub our faces. Pharoah bumps our heads when he wants kisses.

It's funny you should ask whether or not I have ever spoken a foreign language. At one time, I spoke seven of them. Well, one of them was not spoken as it was ASL. I still speak French, German, sign, and I speak a bit of Spanish. I was inducted into Alpha Mu Gamma, the Foreign Language Honors Society, for my work in Russian and German. Yes, I did think about whether or not I said something embarrassing in Kitty Language. Ha ha ha! If I have, they sure haven't let me know about it. They could be laughing to themselves, though. :-)

Walk In Balance,
Deer

theresa13 #523761 05/28/09 08:14 PM
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
Oliver is very talkative, he always has something to say. I answer him of course, sometimes in Cat and sometimes in people language. Smokey just purrs, so I purr back at her.
k,(that was Smokey, typing as she stepped across the keyboard)

Claybird #523903 05/29/09 01:20 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
oooh..so your kitties type too. how precocious of them...hahahahah mine love to walk on the pc table when I'm doing my homework. I think it's one of those...you're not showing me enough attention things.

Granny
WalkingGranny #524098 05/29/09 06:01 PM
T
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
T
Dear Claybird and WalkingGranny,

Pharoah loves to type, too. Maybe we should let our cats have a forum of their own. Our cats love to sit in front of the monitor which is what Pharoah just did. He wanted attention so he kept bumping my head for kisses.

Walk In Balance,
Deer

theresa13 #524101 05/29/09 06:12 PM
N
Shark
Shark
N

So do my Beardies. They jump on the keyboard whenever they get the chance:

Navigaar #524102 05/29/09 06:22 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Can't you just see a forum for the pets looking for attention? hahahahahh...wonder what they would say about their humans...

Navigaar...love your Beardies

Granny
WalkingGranny #524317 05/31/09 12:12 AM
T
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
T
Dear WalkingGranny And Navigaar,

Navigaar, I love your Beardies typing. I wonder what they're typing.

WalkingGranny, Maybe there is another Rosetta Stones somewhere for translation between non-human animal speak and human speak. Our Cats probably tell each other how to get their humans to do what they want them to do.

Walk In Balance,
Deer

theresa13 #524375 05/31/09 05:20 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I know my cats can get me to do what ever they want... One of my cats has the nicest way of waking me up when I want to sleep late. He purrs in my ears and rubs his face on mine, even when I roll over he jumps over me and does it from the other side. One time I pulled the covers over my head and he slid under the covers to nudge me awake. The other two are not as nice. They both get a running start and run over me..some times my legs, sometimes my belly and sometimes my face. Wakes me up in a hurry, let me tell you.

Granny
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.