Print Thread
#519487 05/08/09 01:43 AM
OP Offline

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Gecko
Gecko
J
No, I would not accept the apology. I think a sincere apology face to face is in order here. You don't deserve anything less. I'm not saying you shouldn't be grateful for the card, but her not writing anything in it, kinda seems as if she's just throwing it at you to get her way. Ask your husband to talk to her. It's his mother and his family after all. That makes it his job to confront them on these issues, not yours. It was a good thing for him to back you up that day. He should tell her how she should apologize to you. And if she refuses, well, then she shouldn't be allowed in your home. She must learn her place and respect you and your home whether she likes it or not. If I were your husband, I wouldn't speak to my mother until she apologized. His family, you and the children, come before any other relationship. But if that seems too harsh for you either one of you, he can visit her on his own time without having her come to the house. Sorry you're in such a difficult position. In laws just don't seem to know their place sometimes. Which is why it's important to stand your ground, even if your husband is not behind you, which fortunately he is. Good luck.

H
Amoeba
Amoeba
H
The decision to accept the card as an apology is up to you. If I were you, I wouldn't.

I also have a mother-in-law from hell. After 15 years of tolerating her verbal abuse I have cut off all contact with her. My husband doesn't like it, but he has accepted it. I will not tolerate being abused my someone else, and I don't think you should either.

You have so much to deal with already, you don't need another source of frustration and aggravation in your life.

Some people are just not worth the time and effort.

Moderated by  Lisa - Moms, Traci - Moms 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.