logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
Plan B will soon be available to 17-year-olds over-the-counter. Read the article Plan B Available to 17 Year-Olds about this new ruling and what the FDA plans to do about it on the Pro-Choice website and let me know what you think about the decision.

Candance Gordon

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Y
Amoeba
Amoeba
Y
Can't seem to get the link to open up.

yota
C
OP Offline
C
You're right. It worked when I tested it, but I was having problems with something else afterwards. Here it is again. Plan B Available to 17-Year-Olds

I also have another new, interesting story about the The Candie's Foundation that you might enjoy.

Thank you for your feedback and for noticing my non-working link. Please stop by often and let me know what you think and if there's anything you'd like to see me write about.

Happy Friday!

Candance Gordon

S
S
Glad you're here Candance - I hope you stay in the positon of Pro-Choice Editor for awhile. Great article regarding "the morning-after pill" and I am very glad to hear that it passed. Now if it only really becomes available. It has always puzzled me that in a culture that uses sex to sell just about everything, regardless of age, we cannot seem to understand the consequences of such media campaigns. How can it be so beyond some people's comprehension that offering safe, effective and available birth control in such a society not only makes sense but is the only answer to the abortion question as well. And sorry - the morning after pill is about as close to an abortion as most pregnant teens are to being grown-up. I think we need to realize that as a society it is time for responsible approaches to procreation - taking into account the over-crowded world as well as the messages we put out there for all to see. Thanks for listening

C
OP Offline
C
Thank you for posting!! You posed a really good question. Living in a state where abstinence only education just passed again for schools, yet we have one of the highest teen pregnancy rates in the country, I don't know the answer.

You are correct, it is time that we take responsible approaches to procreation, but I think as long as our reproductive rights are a political issue, we might be a long way from reaching that goal.

Thank you so much for stopping by the site and reading the articles! I look forward to hearing more from you!

Candance Gordon

S
S
Vera Drake - an amazing movie that speaks about the rights of women and the struggles therein. I just watched this movie over the weekend - whoa! It should be required viewing in all high schools. The movie was set in a time when birth control was not available and desperate married women with too many mouths to feed, rape victims, as well others find themselves pregnant and with no legal options. The entire movie speaks to women's rights with amazing eloquence but the most gripping comment for me was made durng Vera's interrogation. She was asked if she knew that it was illegal to perform abortions and her shocked response was something akin to "...abortions - I really don't know anything about that...I'm just trying to help these girls." (I apologize for not having an exact quote but without the movie running in front of me I cannot be sure of the exact wording). And in the end when Vera is speaking with other women jailed for the same "offense" - Vera for the frist time and the others for the second and third time we really come to understand how much the women before us sacrficed to make our reproductive choices safe and legal. It would an incredible step back for our entire civilisation if these womens' efforts were for naught. Women helping women without judgement and with the greatest understanding that we must protect each others' rights to one's own body and privacy. A truly wonderful statement!!

C
OP Offline
C
I've never seen it. Sounds great, though. I'll have to check it out!

Candance Gordon

Moderated by  Suzanne-Pro-Choice Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.