Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#502882 03/15/09 07:07 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
It never occurred to me that different pens could "help" my writing. It always hurt to write with a pen and I figured it was normal. Then in my quest for "soft squishy" pens (softer on my fingers) I found this Uniball Signo pen. Wow! It flowed!

This makes me wonder what other pens out there could be even better. What do you guys use to write with? Do you find something works better than others?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I'm a pen junky! I love different ink colors, and I find it is sometimes inspiring to use pink or purple ink. My favorite pen is any pen that uses "Papermate Lubriglide" ink refills. The black ink is really black, not gray, and the ink flows smoothly.

I also love "Pentel R.S.V.P." stick pens. They have a rubber strip at the grip, but they're not really soft, just easy to hold. And they come in a range of ink colors like aqua, pink and purple. Although you might have to go to a stationery store to find the fun colors.

When I was a hospital nurse I would use different color inks when writing my daily work sheet. One color for general info, another for scheduled meds, a third for ordered treatments or lab tests. It helped keep me organized and on track, and it still does help with to do lists. I also love filling in my calendar with different color inks for different occasions. One color for Birthdays, another for holidays and plain black for everyday stuff.

I use a thick pen - trying to hold a skinny one really makes my fingers and thumb sore. I cannot write by hand for too long at a time because of arthritis so a fat pen with a smooth writing tip helps a lot.

I was wondering if I should switch to acid-free ink, like the gel pens I use for scrapbooking pages. I have not used those pens often , but find that they run out of ink faster than a regular pen. Does anyone use gel pens for journal writing? Does the gel/ink fade after awhile?

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Oh that's an awesome question Phyllis I never thought of the ink fading away!! That would be bad.

I agree with the thick pen, and I need a really squishy holding spot. My fingers get very sore otherwise. I am really impressed with how much of a difference the gel ink makes. It makes the writing SO much easier for me. I'm sending Bob out right now to get me some more ink.

So for me the pen itself with a super-squishy barrel is most important, but then I need one with smooth flowing ink inside too.

I've only been using this Primo pen for a few months now so I don't know how the ink will last. That would be bad, if I found a pen I love but the ink vanishes!

Low Carb Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
fading away.... When the HS had their first meeting, the new members signed the charter. Some of the signatures disappeared due to the ink used. Red inks and other non permanent type inks faded and disappeared. Think about when the writers used a thin quill pen, it was the ink that has been preserved not the size of the nib.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I like thin pens that don't glop. Gloppiness is my main bugaboo. I like a soft-gel like tip for holding, but that is just a bonus. :-)

My favorite pens are the pens Jeanne gave me from Eclectic Lady, of all things. :-) I also like the Flylady "I'm so proud of you" pens. They don't glop and they make me feel happy to use.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Angie - that is really sad, that a charter signature would vanish! I wonder how you would even know what type of ink would vanish?

Bob brought me back a RAINBOW of colors for my squishy pens!! I am doing my journal in green, purple and blue! I am so thrilled, I know it's very silly but it's making me very happy smile

Low Carb Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Old fashioned ink was made with carbon and has lasted hundreds of years or more. Synthetic inks have other ingredients which breakdown.

I didn't know this before but the justices of the Supreme Court use quills.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Really? That is VERY cool - that must be awesome when they are signing something!

I can't imagine using a quill for writing in my journal though ...

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I am having so, so much fun with my squishy, smooth writing pens. When I have to go to other pens it is amazing how hard they are to write with! No wonder I used to always have hand cramps when writing, those other pens just are awful for me!

I am going to have to buy more of these. Right now I have 3 different colors by my bed, and I want the whole rainbow! smile There really are times that I want to write in green, or blue, or whatever!

Low Carb Forum
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  kkgarcia 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.