Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#500480 03/06/09 04:44 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Journal site's March 6th prompt -

March 6th - Have you ever failed to do something because of fear? How might things be different if you had not let fear stop you? Is there something you could do now?

If you are a creative writer try writing a scene where you conquered your fear in that past situation.

------------

Usually it is my fear of speaking in public that scares me. I did recently do two things that both involved going up in public and I was literally shaking but I am happy I at least tried them!

I hate calling people on the phone and have put something off for several months now because it involves a phone call - so I will do that tonight!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
I have a great fear of leaving my house, I think of how different my life might be if i could.
Lisa isn't public speaking one of the most common, i couldn't do it.

Rosie L
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Skyhaven - I can understand your fear, I enjoy being at home and work from home, and I am quite happy here smile

I do agree that it is a good fear to work on overcoming! Do you still have the dog you walk, to get out of the house a little each day?

Low Carb Forum
No dog, I would love to have a cat, a house cat
Rosie

Rosie L
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I'm not sure a house cat will help you slowly get out of the house! Unless it escapes I suppose smile Still, if you want a cat, that sounds lovely! Are you allowed to have a cat where you live?

Low Carb Forum
Yes we are , I want the companionship. I spend a lot of time alone

Rosie L
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
I never feel like I've completely failed if I actually muster up the courage to do something I'm afraid to do. Usually if I do it and get through it, I'm glad I did it even if my performance could have been better.

My thing is not trying the thing at all when I'm afraid, and that is definitely failure if I don't even try. I'm happy to say that in the last two years I've faced all of my fears--accept one. I think I'll save that one for later on in life.

My husband once said to me. If you have a goal to say overcome a fear of heights that doesn't mean you have to go to the top of EVERY tall building that there is. LOL. So I'll save this tall building for another time.

p.s.

I also have a public speaking apprehension Lisa and I faced that several times in the last few months. I wouldn't say my performances were stellar. LOL. But I got through it and no one laughed at me and I am still alive�tho it felt like I was going to die when I was in the middle of it. LOL. When I have to make an important phone call, I script what I need to say and read from the script making adjustments, you know for how the conversation goes and I take notes so I don't forget things in my nervousness. This works like a charm.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
skyhaven,

I also do not like to leave home. Unless I have a work related project or an event or something to do with my children, I have to be really motivated to go out.

I wrote an article once called "Have Two Hobbies" and one of the hobbies had to be something that you were so passionate about that you'd leave the comfort of home even on a cold rainy day to do it. My thing is window shopping and going to the library/bookstore. I love both of these "hobbies" but have yet to pursue them on a daily or weekly basis as I plan to do eventually.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

Leah, I hope to be able to reach that point in my life some day.
I also would of liked to read your article
Rosie

Rosie L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Rosie, my mother suffers from agoraphobia - she suffers from anxiety attacks and can't go out without medication. It's a really difficult thing, but I like to believe that everything can be healed. Maybe if you can pin-point what it is you don't like about going out? For my mother it's crowded places - so we avoid them at all costs, but we can get her to go out in the car to somewhere quiet.
Is there anything specific that worries you?

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  kkgarcia 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.