Next Thread
Print Thread
#500170 03/05/09 08:05 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Do you have an interesting Wedding Quilt Story? It might be about a particular quilt, the story behind the making, what happened to the quilt etc . Please feel free to let us know your quilt story.

Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham
Editor Australia & Quilting Sites

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
I am looking forward to hearing peoples stories on this. Mom mom started making quilts later in life so we didn't get a wedding quilt. Right now she is quilting mine. It is a star pattern, I am not sure what it is called, but she used repro fabric. She told me she had gotten 40 done when I talked to her yesterday. I REALLY wanted a wedding ring quilt but she told me fat chance, make my own LOL.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
My grandmother made a quilt for me. It was a crazy quilt. She had worked on it for a long time and I was surprised when she gave it to me. I didn't know she was making me one. That was in 1978 and I still have it. Though, I have repaired it several times over the years. I still wrap up in it when I am upset or sick. It's not as pretty as it was but it has seen me through a lot over the years. She wanted it to be used and it has been and continues to be. It means a lot to me.

I made a double-wedding ring quilt once. I got the pattern out of a magazine. It was a simplified pattern. There was on one template (slice) for the rings. It was very simple to put together. I love the pattern and would love to have another one. But, do I want to make another? I don't know about that. I hand-quilted the first one. My hands aren't what they used to be.

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.