Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#493671 02/13/09 10:45 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
There was a time when no one would wash their hair more than once a week.(When I was a young teen and started shampooing twice a week, my mother thought I would ruin my hair. smile )

Then there was a time when everyone washed their hair every day.

How often do you shampoo?

Follow this link for my discussion of the topic.
How often to shampoo

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I shampoo every other day. I tend to get dandruff really bad. I have found if I wash my hair less, i get less dandruff. I also use Selsun Blue (I think that is how you spell it) because Head and shoulders doesn't work for me. I use it once or twice a week. In the summer time when we go swimming a lot, I take shampoo with me to wash my hair immediately because my hair looks gross if i wait too long.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I go every other day, sometimes even 2 days.

My hair is extremely dry, plus with all the coloring that I do - it just keeps it healthier NOT to wash it too often. Plus with all the dry weather right now, it is even worse. Now when the summer comes and the humidity increases, I'll wash it more often.

I really just go by how it looks and feels when I get up in the morning. If it has a greasy look or feel to it - I wash it.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I shampoo every other day or sometimes every third day. Since my hair is longer now, it looks good longer so as long as it feels clean I can let it go.

Actually my hair always looks best on the second day because it has too much body for me. After I sleep on it, it is more in proportion with my face. smile

A
A
I shampoo every two days once, my hairs are very thin and too silky and I really hate this. I want my hairs to be thick and long. Please suggest any home made remedies to get long and thick hairs.

Top cell phone ringtones for mobile freaks
C
C
I try and shampoo my hair every other day too - find it gets greasy if I leave it any longer than 3 days!

K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
I go about every 3 days. I use Alterna Straight which takes some of the oil out of my hair

M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
I wash my hair only on the days that I have a good workout, every 2-3 days. Otherwise I let it be. When I come back from a sunny holiday and the ends are dry. I put VERY LITTLE olive oil on my palms and spread it on the ends of my hair. It works!

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I know of others who use olive oil. It makes a good finishing tool to talke away the frizzies.

BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
I wash mine every second day. I have to keep my head clean because of my Bone Anchored Hearing Aids - they clip onto little plates which are embedded in my skull bones. That way the hearing aids send the sound straight to my cochleas so I'm not really hearing with my ears at all - it works really well. But they have to be kept clean otherwise they get infected. Ouch.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.