Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Any other favorite characters? How about the friends or companions of the hero or heroine?

I enjoy Lula and Grandma Mazur in the Stephanie Plum series.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Who is your favorite mystery book character?

Last edited by Edie - Mystery Books; 03/25/09 06:52 AM.
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
I recently found a new character in Brianna (Bree) Winston-Beaufort, an attorney in the Mary Stanton paranormal cozy mysteries. I just read Angel's Advocate and am looking forward to reading the first book, Defending Angels.

Any new favorites for you?

Last edited by Edie - Mystery Books; 03/25/09 07:12 AM.
D
Amoeba
Amoeba
D
Edie,
Your question about a favorite mystery book character has had me thinking and thinking....
I think that my favorite character changes as time goes on. I know that many times I think that my favorite author (at the time) has my favorite character of all time in his/her books.... But then, invariably, I read one too many books by that particular author and become disenchanted with the series, and then go on to find another favorite author who comes with his/her very own character - who I take on to be my favorite character "of all time" (again!)... until the cycle starts all over again and again.

P
P
Gosh I can't give an absolute favorite. My first love was Sherlock Holmes. I read all the stories in the casebook while I was babysitting. But I also love Nancy Drew, Miss Marple, Hercule Poirot, then later Kinsey Milhone, V.I.Warshowski, and Qwilleran, China Bayles, Jim Chee. I have purchased a series of books set in ancient Egypt by Lynda S. Robinson featuring Meren a royal investigator. I have read only one of the series, but will get to them all as soon as I finish the last China Bayles I have. I also bought at a garage sale several books set in the southwest and featuring a tribal police detective. I have not started this series yet either.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Danna, I agree! Sometimes I either get my fill of someone or the author seems to tire of the character and they change somehow. The characters don't always have the energy they used to, or the author decides to change the way they behave.

It's sad when the series runs out of steam - or I do.

Prairie Girl, were the tribal police detective books the Tony Hillerman series? I've read the whole series more than once. Also, China Bayles is one of my favorites. You have read quite a variety of authors!

B
B
I love Kinsey Millhone too..I like Eve Dallas from the JD ROBB "Death" series..I Love "The Sisterhood " series by Fern Michaels..and there is a series of books about a woman that has a Catering business ...her husbund works for the Police Dept..she has 1 son and it takes place in Colorado and i can not remember the author or the main character..Isn't old age wonderful !! lol ............Barbara

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Barbara,

If you remember the author or books about the caterer in Colorado, would you let us know?

And yes, I'm trying to remember what is wonderful about old age! smile

Thanks for stopping by!

Gecko
Gecko
I'm always amazed that people can narrow down favorites to one, or two, or even three .... I usually have 1-2 per author LOL. I love Alex Cross (James Patterson books), Kay Scarpetta, Eve Dallas, and I can't remember other names, I have to go back and read again LOL.

I average 3-6 books a week, so you see why my brain loses info? (We're not going to talk about my age LOL)

D
Amoeba
Amoeba
D
The series you're thinking about is Diane Mott Davidson's Goldy Bear Mystery Series which takes place in Aspen, Colorado. Goldy is a caterer, has one son, a best friend (Marla - who is my favorite character of the mystery series) and Tom Schultz, a homicide detective with whom Goldy gets involved.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Edie - MysteryBooksEd 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.