Hanukkah Holidays of the Season

The word itself can be spelled many different ways but the meaning is always the same. Hanukkah, also known, as the "Festival Of Lights" is a very old and time honored tradition amongst the Jewish people all over the world. Although the details of the celebrations may differ in different cultures the rituals and symbols are very much the same.

With a Menorah and candles this holiday is celebrated over a period of 8 days during with prayers are said, gifts are given and the candles are lit. This is a tradition that spans over 2 millennia and is still going strong.

Here you will find out where and when Hanukkah started and who started it, what it means to the people who celebrate it and why it's lasted until this day. These links will bring you through time and teach you about this rich heritage.
I can remember as a child sharing holiday traditions with my Jewish friends what a delightful celebration. The food laughter and lighting the "Menorah" I can remember the toys and treasured playing with the "Dreidel" singing the song O Dreidle...

Wishing you and your family a peaceful Hanukkah Holiday Season filled with many blessings and good health.

By Bella

Candles shining brightly
Each night a candle glows
Happiness to enter
Love now gently flows

Family and friends gather
Remembering each day
Light shines very brightly
The glow of life's gateway

Festive days of beauty
Shines each year anew
Plentiful and bounty