logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
Hi guys,

I have been a long time reader of Single Family Voices. My name is Jeremy Roberts, I am 23 years old and live in Hartsville SC. I am a single father of my beautiful 2 year old named Breanna. I was hoping i could get some advice or maybe even some help. My ex abandoned us almost a year ago in March, since then she has not helped, called Maaaaaybe 15 times since she left us to move in with a long time friend which turned out to be more than that. I used all of my savings to pay for a lawyer to start the divorce process, my lawyer had suggested i file for child support, about 5 weeks ago when she received the paperwork and found out i had filed for this she had decided to file for full custody and said her mom would raise her because she didnt have money to pay for child support. I wound up getting primary custody and child support however this is a temporary order. Since she filed for custody also I will have to pay half for a Guardian Adlitem at roughly $5000 by December 17th (since she lives in Florida) If you guys have any tips know of any programs that would help us that would be greatly appricated. I made Breanna and myself a website which has more information about all the stuff going on if you have a moment please check it out, it also has our phone number to call us for advice on it. the address isBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
Dear Jeremy,

First know that you're doing the right thing no matter what it costs to fight for custody of your daughter. The fact that you received temp custody is very encouraging and likely that you will keep custody as long as you continue to do what is right for your daughter and demonstrate your ability to be a single parent.

Best wishes to you and Breanna.

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

C
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
C
Hi, Jeremy!

You are absolutely right to fight for custody of your daughter. You are also entitled to child support and your ex cannot make you give up custody because she would rather not pay. Please! The truth is, the court is going to do what is best for the child and considering you have been the one that has been there for Breanna, it should be easy to see what is best. Your wife is going to have to explain her actions and she would have to be able to PROVE that you were unfit to gain sole custody.

Now, I realize that this doesn't help you much in the money department, so I am going to do some research to see if I can find you any legal/financial assistance for your case. Hang in there! In the meantime, so to the Single Parents site at BellaOnline and click on the contact link on the right side of any of my articles. This will allow you to email me directly so that I will have a method of getting in touch with you outside of the forums.

Never lose hope!

Cynthia Parker

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.