Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#467061 11/10/08 12:42 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
My house has gotten overrun with candles somehow and I am trying to get the number down to a more reasonable number. I have a lot of candle-bits at this point, of different types.

What do you guys regularly do with these bits? I gather them up and at some point make new candles out of all the bits. Am I being a bit TOO frugal? smile Are there other ideas?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I'm trying again to re-melt existing candles and am sort of stuck. I used to have a cheap saucepan I would use as a double boiler, but I can't find it any more. I'm trying using a "mini-warmer" that is meant to keep sauces warm, and putting a tin can into it (with water around the can) but the candles aren't melting in that. My only other option seems to be to use my "tart melter" and hand melt the candles one by one but that will take eons.

I looked on Amazon for a wax melter but couldn't find any. I imagine they exist?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Lisa, what if you used a crockpot?

Then once all the candles were melted and you had them poured up, just pour boiling water into the pot to get the remainder off the sides. Then put it back through the dishwasher and it should be ready for food again.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
S
S
They do have tart burners where u use a tealite under it, it heat it up and melt them down or you can try a electric burner canlde melter.. you can find this in your walmartcandle section or arts and craft section for like $5.00 it will hold the big jar candles and u can use little candle jars too to put the extra candle pieces in....

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I was in fact talking with my boyfriend about this yesterday and he said he hates our current crockpot and wants a new one. So this seems perfect! I'll take our existing crockpot and use it for candle wax burning, as a "double boiler" setup. I'll put a big can into it in a water bath - that appears to be critical for the wax not to catch on fire for some reason. That way I can use a big can, and the water can heat up to boiling, and I'm not using the stove. The main issue here is he doesn't want me doing my wax-playing on the stove and getting wax all over it smile

Low Carb Forum
C
C
Hi Lisa,

I am not a candle expert, but I do know how to make a double boiler for candy making. I am assuming it would work the same way. I take a pan (kettle) and put some water into it, then add a tin can or glass jar, put the candy into it and let it melt slowly. (no turning on high heat, *smile* , and no walking to far away from the pot as it needs to be monitored, and for safety reasons)

Just another idea (I am new to bella - and have to post sometime, right?)

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yup that sounds just right! I just need to find a BIG tin can to put the wax in, or maybe a cheap pot?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
With all of the pumpkin pie stuff that is going to be on sale the next two weeks, you ought to be able to find HUGE cans.

Maybe you can play around with some low-carb pumpkin recipes for the holidays and hit 2 birds with one stone.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
C
C
Lisa,

I use juice cans . . .doesn't take long to drink up a can of juice, and the cans work really good.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
No such thing as too frugal. I like using them to make ice candles or sand candles with my kids.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.