Next Thread
Print Thread
#442847 08/11/08 08:45 AM
E
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
E
Hi Guys, Here's my latest articel. Who do you vote?! Is politics a lost cause? Are there ANY honest politicians?

URL: http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art18525.asp

WARNING ;): if you like Labour or Conservative, this is a tongue in cheek piece, no offence is intended. If you feel you may be offended please do not read!

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
For the life of me I cant understand why Londoners voted for Boris Johnston for mayor! Sure its not much fun in London with the congestion charge for driving in the centre, but really, can that have been the main reason? So much for young people wanting to save the environment in London. I must add an article about it to my London fun blog!

BellaShorts #444001 08/14/08 09:56 AM
E
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
E
Hi BellaShorts,
Thanks for posting! I do not know how Boris got in either. My explaination, and, as far as I know most peoples, is completly by mistake!!
However, you knever know! We must hope for the best, he may suprise us all.
Well, it can't get much worse!! LOL!

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Hi Nicola - thought Id pop in to tell you......

'guess who's on Who Do You Think You Are ?' BBC genealogy programme this week?

Yep, its our Boris, Lord Mayor Of London! Should be a sight for sore eyes LOL! Monday I think! Visiting London myself again in October - Christmas Shopping here I come!

BellaShorts #445277 08/18/08 10:56 AM
E
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
E
BellaShorts, yes I noticed that too! It should be very intersting!!
Yes I need to think about some Christmas shopping soon! LOL!

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Our new lord mayor of London is part Turkish and part related to the Queen no less, LOL! Great genealogy program though - I saw another side to old Boris Johnston, he was quite entertaining!

Apparently he is involved with the cause of the red london bus!

I might find out about it abd post on my new London blog:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

BellaShorts #448922 09/01/08 08:58 AM
Amoeba
Amoeba
Boris Johnson was our local politician here in Oxfordshire until he became Mayor. I never found anything to complain about, he always answered any letters personally, well they seemed to be personal and certainly addressed any issue rather than a general print out with a signature. The only thing I objected to strongly was the guy from the council coming last year with his clipboard to 'assess the view' for possible rates increase!!! they will be taxing fresh air next!
I don't think that was anything to do with Boris...just another general money spinner and pension pot liner for the government.
The majority of British voters have given up...as you say there is no choice any more. I am glad others realise our plight. It would not surprise me if a huge surge in popularity for fascist groups like the BNP occurs just because of the incompetence and disgusting degradation of British values by the last collection of nincompoops who have played around at the governing game here...all of whom becoming extremely and disgustingly rich in the process.

I would have voted Boris in, if I ever voted...which I never have...purely because of one interview on radio were he stated how stupid it was to castigate/prosecute drivers who speak on mobile 'phones' (hands free) whilst driving (not specifically those involved in an accident, just for using it...he stated that if this was to be done then every person who 'picks their nose, eats an apple, smokes or sneezes should also be prosecuted...he seemed like a genuine common sense down to earth guy to me smile

Fay

E
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
E
Fay, I think many of us are sick to death of English politics and policies. I hope things change, People are emigrating in droves, if it does not change we may go too........I cannot live in a country where freedom is being eroded by stupidity, and common sense by crazyness, where is it going to end?

Instead of Great in Britain we should put Grim, Greedy or Groaning!!!!!!!!

Anyone else think of one?!

Last edited by Eng Culture Nicola Jane; 09/07/08 12:12 PM.

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

Moderated by  Sarah - English Culture 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.