Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OK - my confession for the week,

For those of you that have been struggling to read my posts this past week - I really do know hwo to spell. And I am fairly decent at typing (there are a few letter that constantly mix up -I can't type "myslef" the correct way half the time)

But this week has been really bad -I got my nails done in my daughter's team colors, and I'm having to relearn how to type!
So unless you see me typing at 3:00 in the morning, then all the mistakes I blame on my nails. After 3:00 in the morning I blame it on the ambien - but since I talk to aliens during that time, you'll see a big difference.

Thank you for bearing with me.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Gecko
Gecko
C
That's funny, Michelle!

I've worn my nails long for so many years that I can't type if I cut them too short. And if one of them breaks? I have so much trouble. It feels so weird to actually feel the keys on my finger tips. I type with my nails, not my fingers.

Good luck with whatever team activity you are doing this week. Assuming you are since you had your nails done. smile

Last edited by Cherry Red; 04/04/08 11:57 PM.

"The world might be considerably poorer if the great writers had exchanged their books for children of flesh and blood." ~Virginia Woolfe
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I feel somewhat vindicated about my not being able to type because of my nails. grin

Women with Long Nails Speak Out Against iphone

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
I heard people say dont always get acrylic nails they stop your natural nail growth. Do acrylic nails really stop your real nail growth?

C
C
Nice post Michelle. I heard Acrylic nails generally are damaging your natural nail growth.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
From what i havenoticed in my own use, is that they grow at the sme rate- but the filing the nile down at the point where the old nail is and the new one will be can be a very brittle poit for nails. And any nail underneath the arylic "shield" tnds to be weker than the natural nail would be.

For me that's a farily eventrade-off, because I have paperthin nails anyway - this is my only way I get any strenght whatsoever. I just have to be careful not to let them get overlong or they break very painfully.

For my daughter- special occasions only for right now. SHe's not allowed to havethem uring cheer bseason anyway - so I;m notnthe bad guy here grin Next summer we'll talk about it again.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Elephant
Elephant
Depends on the type of acrylic used, how they are applied, how thick the acrylic is and how you care for them. This all goes together to how they affect your natural nails, but nails done well should not harm and ruin your natural nails.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Michelle you're never the bad mom!

Jase, were you playing Miss Bimbo again with Vance and know more than you should about acrylic nails? Has anybody's Miss Bimbo made it to University yet? LOL Everybody will have to visit the Daughters forum to refer to that.

Oh gosh, I have to get back to work...I'm pulling my hair out.

Violette DeSantis, Writely Applied
Blogs/Social Networking Editor
Small Office/Home Office Editor

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly

Moderated by  BB -Body Care 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.