Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
T
I think that you will do it better.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
i suggest glycolic peels, acne control facials and extractions to control milia and blackheads. Seek out someone who does skin as their business and their passion, and you'll get someone you will love.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Elephant
Elephant
Originally Posted By: chloe21
What exactly does it do to your clients skin? I'm concerned because my son is using it and while it seems to be clearing up his acne, it's taking a long time. Proactiv is the last thing that we've tried after oral antibiotics, retin-a, and other various topical gels. I'm hoping that it continues to work.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. While it seems to work for a couple months and tends to clear up the acne, it comes back with a vengence and the skin is not consistant.

I recommend to my clients Arbonne Clear Advantage. It is a synthetic free product designed by a swiss pharmaceuticals company. If there isn't a reason for an ingredient to be in it, it is not there. There are no excessive fregrances. It tones to your skin type and condition. It also comes with a supplement which is designed to work on the acne from the inside out. The kit, which will last roughly 2-3 months depending on use and how much product is used at one time... runs 66 retail.

If you are interested in learning more about the product you can PM me or email me. My email is gaylesbiannews at bellaonline dot com.

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Y
Amoeba
Amoeba
Y
I have to agree with the Proaciv not working forever. I have used it consistantly for just over a year now. It certainly wasn't the "miracle" cure, but it did help it quite a bit. Now it seems to not be working, as my acne has gotten almost as bad as it was before. To add too it, my skin is more oily and red. I am pretty pale and my face is red! I am in search of new products to use as my daily routine and will surely check the suggestions made on this thread.
I was also going to ask if anyone knows of a "at home" peel I can do? Does anyone know anything about that Skin Culture peel?
I have acne scarring I would like to lessen, not just red scars, but little "pits" all over. I would assume that a peel or something of the like would be the only option for the pit scars? I cannot afford to go to a spa or dermatologist right now, so just looking for different options. Thanks all and good luck!

yota
H
H
Hi,

There are two more suggestions to remove blackheads:
1. Milk also helps treat blackheads. Wash the face with warm water and then sponge it for fifteen minutes with tepid milk every day.

2.Apply a little warmed honey to the face, and wash off after fifteen minutes.
=========================================================
vinus
Drug Rehab Center
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

� Cucumber is good for treating skin eruptions and bulges and for whitening skin. It can also prevent pimples, wrinkles, blackheads and dryness of the face.
� Roasted and powdered pomegranate skin is good in treating boils, pimples, blackheads and whiteheads.

� Strawberries can be used for conditioning and skin toning treatment. They are rich in salicylic acid, an ingredient found in many commercial acne creams.
� Orange juice can be an effective remedy for pimples and acne. It can also be used for scar and blemish removal.
Good luck :-)

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Originally Posted By: Dubois
� Strawberries can be used for conditioning and skin toning treatment. They are rich in salicylic acid, an ingredient found in many commercial acne creams.

Curious question? Can I rub it on my face?

J
J
Hi Julia_Schultz,

I think blackhead strips can be useful and beside that you can go for facial scrubs.

Hi Julie....Drinking water only can not solve the problem...
You need a more thorough treatment. I suggest you start with these steps:

1. Avoid oil-based products such as facial lotions, wash and cosmetics. Look for products that are �non-comedogenic,� it means it will not clog your pores.

2. Do not wear tight headband, baseball hat, and/or helmet when you exercise or play sports, and make sure you wash the sweat-soaked things each time you wear them.

3. Keep the skin hydrated and moist so your cells can function properly. Moisturize your face with mild, non-comedogenic moisturizers to keep it hydrated. Moisturizing is a necessity. Again, the product with the least amount of chemical additives is the best. Always use a light moisturizer on your face after cleansing.

4. Cleanse your pores with an alcohol-free toner or skin conditioner on cotton balls. Do not try to scrub harshly or you will strip and damage your skin. Even after rinsing your face, if you do not remove the remainder of cleanser and loosened debris residues, you are only going to imbed that debris deeper into the pores as you layer serums and moisturizers on top. The absolute best way to perform this deep pore cleansing is with an alcohol-free toner or skin conditioner on cotton balls. There's no need to harm your skin by vigorous scrubbing or harsh acids, simply wipe with toner damp cotton balls until the last cotton comes away perfectly white.

5. Astringents, Salicylic Acid, retinoic acids, and glycolic acids all work to prevent pores from clogging. Be aware of some active ingredients like benzoyl peroxide, these ingredients can cause major side effects.

For better results, I suggest you also fight your acne from inside, because hormonal problems could also be the worst cause of acne. And for this kind of treatment, please choose safe ingredients... herbals are the best.

Good luck!

Elephant
Elephant
definately stay away from perabins and sulfates. These are known to be "possible" carcinigens and have some harmful side-effects for people with acne since they are petrol based (perabins).

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.