Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
"I don't want you to do that. So many things can go wrong with a costume, especially a makeshift costume and I don't want anything to happen to you."

"Why don't you want anything to happen to me?" Derissa asked as she glared at him.

Randol wished he had a Twix bar because he certainly needed a moment.

"Because...we... will need all the help we can get if we have to battle the goblins." he stammered. "Look, can I talk to you in private for a minute, please?"

Hesitantly, she agreed and they walked off together. Kam shook her head in frustration and said, "I wish they would just kiss and get it over with." The others chuckled a bit.

When they were out of sight of the others, Randol pulled something from his pouch and said, "Give me your spell book."

She was shocked and said, "Spell Book? I don't know what you are talk..."

"Come on, Derissa. Cut the [censored]. We don't have time for this. Give me your spell book."

Reluctantly, she reached into her pouch and pulled a leather bound book from it that was similar to his and yet very different. She handed it to him and he opened it to a blank page.

In his hand was a Moonstone crystal and he placed it on the blank page and spoke some words that were not decipherable to her and there was a flash of light and then fire consumed the page. When the fire went out, the page was replaced with a page made of gold leaf.

It is done. You see those two words on this page? Touch the book, say the words and you will become invisible. These other two words will bring you back to visibility. You are not supposed to have this spell yet but this is an emergency. Use this spell and you will get so close to the goblins, you will be able to smell what they had for breakfast and they won't know you are there."

He handed the book back to her and said, "Don't make me sorry that I am trusting you like this. We need you...I need you. We won't make it out of here alive if everyone is not together on this."

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Derissa looked down at the book. Was that fear on her face? She read the words: Nurta I' fea. She knew the language and the meaning. Blind. It was an extremely high level spell and it would take all her energy to use it. She thought the costume idea was much better...Disguise has its benefits.

"Randol, I appreciate the concern. No, really... But, seriously! I know what I'm doing. I haven't lived as long as I have doing what I do without knowing what I'm doing!" She paused a moment and frowned, trying to figure out what she just said. Satisfied that it was what she meant, "You really don't have to worry."

She snapped her book shut and stuck it back in the pouch of holding and turned back to the group. When she emerged, everyone was staring at her, then there was a burst of snickers. She glared at them and narrowed her eyes. "What."

"Nothing!" Kam insisted.

Derissa glared. "I know what you're thinking..." she glanced back to the woods and smirked, giving Kam a wink. "It's not the right time yet... Trust me, there will be one. But, it isn't now. Right now, we have to figure out just how we're going to get into the Goblin City..." she paused a moment, and thought. "I wonder if I can summon the Goblin King...anyone have a baby?"

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
"[Kryssie] plans to take over the world one banner at a time"
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
"Anyone have a baby? Are you serious? You should have asked me the other day. I left the baby in my other pocket." Randol laughed. "Does anybody have a baby, yeesh." The others in the group laughed too.

Then Randol offered, "Our new friend here just escaped, maybe he can get us back into the city or maybe we can finally find a use for the goblin besides being the personal punching bag of Kam here. But can we trust the goblin not to lead us into a trap?"

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Gecko
Gecko
I wish the goblins would come and take you away. Right now! Derissa thought as she eyed Randol. She knew what she was talking about--even if no one else did.

"Would you let the poor man sleep? Maybe we should all go back to sleep until the dawn breaks. Except for me, of course. It is, after all, my watch."

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
"I don't think anyone will be able to sleep now. Maybe we should go into Goblin City under the cover of night. I do not believe there will be too many humans walking around there in the daylight that are not prisoners, and heck fire, for all we know, they may be on their way to Artesia City now. What do the rest of you want to do?"

Randol asked looking at the group. "It is up to you. Anyone have any better ideas?"

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
The goblin eyes Kam, then nods slightly. When she doesn't hit him, he speaks.

"I can lead you to Goblin King. Many guards, must fight or trick. You defeat King, make me King!" Upward mobility is apparently a popular concept among goblinkind.

"Goblin King is near tunnels leading to island. Wait for full moon to sacrifice prisoners to open sealed tunnel."

All eyes go to the moon, which is nearly full. Another day, perhaps two, remain.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Randol couldn't help but think about what the captive goblin kept saying about making him king once the goblin king is vanquished.

Could the people of Artesia City and other surrounding lands be able to trust him? Would he want to make peace with the humans?
Something about this bothered Randol but he wasn't going to dwell on it. It may be nothing or it may be something.

He had other things to worry about now and one of those things was Derissa's cockamamie idea to get disguised as a goblin to infiltrate the group. He hoped that she would change her mind but he has only known her a short time but knows once her mind is set on something then that is the way it is going to be so
he hoped it would work and he hoped that she would come back safely, if she did really still plan on going through with it.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Gecko
Gecko
Derissa sighed. Her mind was racing. What to do, what to do. There wasn't a lot of time. "Alright. We don't have a lot of time, here. Two days, tops. We've got to get to the prisoners..." She looked to the goblin then to Randol, her mind racing. "Alright, how's this...Randol, you cloak yourself and everyone else like you did back in the tunnels and I'll hide in the shadows next to our little goblin friend, here, and see if we can't get close to the goblin king. That way, you don't have to worry if I'm going to come back or not and I don't have to worry about you alerting the whole horde."

She looked at the exhausted and frightened Dorian. "We can't ask you to take us to the Goblin King..." Passing her hand over his eyes, she whispered softly, "Templa en' tessa." Dorian's eyes closed and Derissa gently helped him lie down, covering him with her great cloak. Stepping back from him, it looked as if he were nothing more than a small rock. "Let's get going..."

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
[Last minute conversations and planning can continue, but the action will pick up again in Scene 3: The Goblin King]

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
"Alright, Derissa. I guess we don't have a choice. We will do it your way. I..." he pauses and then says "Never mind...So,anyway, what happens when we find the Goblin King?"

Kam piped up and said, "We kick his [censored]. Finally, we get to kick [censored]."

"Easy Kam. Slow down there. We need a plan before we can kick [censored]. Anyone have any thoughts?" Randol asked looking around at the group.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Leif - Role Playing Games 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.