logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
OP Offline
J
This may be a weird question but I was thinking about this the other day- How would I feel if I wore dresses more often?
I only wear dresses for special occasions and I see so many cute sun dresses. I consider myself a little overweight and this is one reason I feel the most comfortable in jeans and a t-shirt. So, I wonder, do I need to change the way I dress and in turn change the way I see myself. I envision myself a the DS or DD ballgame wearing a fun, colorful sun dress and actually feeling better about the way I look? Crazy? Maybe. What do you think? What do you do to make yourself feel better??

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I haven't worn a dress, or skirt in over 40yrs

Rosie L
J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
I'm not much of a "dress" person, I'm comfortable with jeans and shirts, and only wear a dress if I want to. To make myself feel better, I follow my heart. smile

I think first and foremost, you have to feel more confident about yourself. For me, it's accepting the way you look that will make you feel better about yourself. Regardless of what you wear, it's the mindset of a confident person that will let you shine. Remember, feeling good about yourself starts from the inside. So love yourself and you will look good, whether you're wearing a shirt, jeans or a dress.

J
J
I was never a dress person far more pants are more practical for outside activities for most of my life, how ever my sisters in the last few years have gotten me hung up on wearing dresses. It makes me feel really good about myself some how- even though at the start I felt a bit self conscious I have grown to love feeling feminine. Now The majority of my summer closet is dresses. Most new experiences can take a bit of adjusting before you know if you like it or not.

M
M
Well, I prefer trousers and blouses, Jeans and T-shirts.
as for dresses...especially when I must visit someone and on special occasions.
For visits, something elegant and comfortable at the same time and for occasions...I like the Audrey Hepburn style, that is-discreet, yet marvellously attractive.

Marilena
S
S
I love wearing dresses, especially during warm/hot weather. I feel more feminine and wonderful and take on an entirely different attitude when I wear dresses.

Shark
Shark
Most of the time I wear pants.

For business and when I get dressed up I wear two piece outfits of a top and skirt or sometimes a suit. I rarely wear a "real" dress.

Sharon Michaels
Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.
C
Zebra
Zebra
C
I very seldom wear dresses, but lately I've seen so many that I like I am thinking of buying some new ones. I will stick to more casual ones and see how it goes. I've also been losing weight which makes me feel like trying something new.

Last edited by chloe21; 07/06/08 05:24 PM.

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
C
Zebra
Zebra
C
This is one of the dresses that I like. I hope to catch it on sale.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by chloe21; 07/06/08 05:23 PM.

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
M
M
Ya, nice! The quality of material + the colour!
I for one, with my exasperating slim silhouette, well, i'd like to try smth mini! But it seems on this site there are only long ones!
smile

Marilena
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 06:17 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.