Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#415508 05/06/08 02:57 PM
J
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
J

Hire Help and Save Time

If money was not your first consideration, are there some chores you'd rather pay someone to do for you? Come read about some jobs worth leaving to someone else described in my new article below, and let me know what you think!

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Zebra
Zebra
C
Enjoyed the article, Jennifer!

Washing windows has to be one of my least favorite chores. I would definitely like to have someone take care of that for me.

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
J
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
J
Thanks Chloe! I agree! I hate washing windows! Some jobs are worth the money! For us, it's home maintenance issues. We're not too handy! I actually like grocery shopping, so I haven't tried the delivery service, but my local grocery store sends me free delivery coupons all the time. That could be helpful for some people that have trouble getting out of the house though.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I have a very neatnik husband who does all of the yardwork, all of the laundry, and keeps the house in a state where I would not hesitate to invite perfect strangers home with me if I had to. He has his moments; he hates to clean bathrooms, so that is my chore, and I prefer to cook, although he helps a lot more and actually enjoys it. Our windows are complicated by the fact that they're about 7 ft tall and 3 wide, and our dogs must press their noses all over them watching the world go by. So, about once a month I get out the old Windex, and shudder as I clean dog slobber off the front windows.

What about clothes services? I am military, and before the uniform changed, we had to have sharply creased uniforms and mirror-shined boots. While I *can* make that happen very cheaply (spray starch, boot polish, and time) it was well worth my time to spend the ~$50/month to get them professionally pressed and shined. I would imagine it would be similar for anyone who has to dress in business clothes every day.

J
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
J
What a great dog you have, Trish! What breed he/she is?

That's great that you have a partership as far as keeping the house goes... I can see what you mean about your uniforms though. I am lucky enough to work at a job that's casual most of the time(we have to dress up occasionally if we have visitors to our office), but I could see dry cleaning on a regular basis if I had to wear suits every day!

I have to say, sometimes time is money. I used to watch my dad shine his shoes, it can be time consuming and messy.

Thanks for your comments!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Jennifer, thanks for the compliment. Shiloh is a Treeing Walker Coonhound; a purebred we think, though we got him from a no-kill shelter. His temperment is fantastic, and he's pretty smart. He's got a beautiful belling voice, and somehow missed out on the "stubborn" characteristic of most hounds.

This is Shiloh and Sadie (the beagle with terrier ears) curled up in our sunroom.

Last edited by TrishInNC; 05/07/08 08:04 PM.
Koala
Koala
Yes! If money wasn't a consideration I'd have someone coming in on a regular basis to help with the big stuff. The everyday stuff isn't such a biggie, but the big things (window washing, moving furniture for thorough cleaning) typically get away from me.

J
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
J
Absolutely Lynn! We have someone come and do heavy cleaning once a month and that makes everything a lot easier. It kind of takes the heavy load off of us, but it doesn't require a big investment. Other than that...cooking and laundry don't bother me. I work in an office but it's casual dress, so I don't have regular dry cleaning to do. As long as I've got clean socks, I'm good! smile

J
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
J
I don't know a lot about dogs, Trish, but both of them are beautiful! I love beagles, and Shiloh is gorgeous as well!

Elephant
Elephant
i do hire out my lawn care ;0)

Me, a machine with spinning blades, and allergies DO NOT MIX!

I would love to hire a cleaning person for a couple days a week

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Tina - Living Simply 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 06:17 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.