logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Amoeba
Amoeba
".....it was really a cover up i suppose, i mean who in his right mind would believe that he returned to the mainland to get married." i get a sip.."Here he is somebody but <<back home>> he is a walking problem." leaning closer to my listener.."I think it has to do with a rumor i heard about the other day. People say that he found a map hidden between the floorboards of a cottage near the southern forest. Some claim it is a treasure map and that he left to seek it, others say he had a clash of <interests> with the governor and that he was exiled. I believe that as always the truth is somewhere in between." With a lowered voice as to share a dangerous secret "I happen to know for a fact that the captain has a serious romantic involvement in the big city, the daughter of a Baron if i am correct. the problem is that he cannot ask her father to marry her, being a simple captain and all..But with a treasure in hand and the glory it brings with it....i guess you see me point. I believe he did find something he did not want to share and left to keep and exploit his findings on his own."

I lean back to my chair saying " i for one would like to find out what is really going on. And to tell the truth i wouldn't mind having a few more coins to pass the days"...

Fool to the Queen of stories * Student of FuFu * Evil l5r GM
Male*Cute*Young Looking*Little Philosopher

"For the Queen of stories"

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Varian snorts.

"Nobody on Artesia would go back to the Empire for love or money." He wipes the surface of the bar with a rag, and gestures into the crowd.

"That lot's always talking about treasure maps and such, but most that go after them are never heard from again. Goblins might not be much one at a time, but there's an awful lot of them in the mountains across the channel."

"If that's where he's gone, his lass is not likely to see him back."

Gecko
Gecko
Derissa just sorta purses her lips and nods. "Mmmm...yeah...love. Good reason to go out and get yourself killed," the sarcasm drips from her mouth like honey. "No, thank you, sir. I'd rather not risk my neck for some intangible feeling." She takes a rather deep gulp of ale, silently praying that her contact would just show up already.

"Now, treasure hunting...that's more my style. Not so much the glory as the fortune," she smirks and wiggles her brows. Her ears twitch a bit at Varian's words--about not returning to the Empire for love or money...a soft mutter under her breath indicates she disagrees somewhat.

"Where's the pretty lass with the voice?" She looks around for Merry, then speaks to Benedict, "Not that you're stories aren't entertaining, but... she sings. I like music." She flashes a winning smile and gives a bit of a wink, then sips her ale.

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
"[Kryssie] plans to take over the world one banner at a time"
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Those at the bar can easily hear Merry's song as she wanders the tavern. Unlike before, she isn't singing about the deeds of those present, but a tale of the founding of the island nation of Artesia. The story told back in the Empire is that the nation was founded by escaped criminals, and is still a hotbed of corruption and danger.

Merry's song is painting it in a different light, with the original founders being merely those who disagreed with those high in the Empire hierarchy, and adventurers who were stifled by the Empire's strict regime.

She's gotten to the point where the fledgling settlement is standing off a horde of goblins attacking through a tunnel beneath the channel separating Artesia from the mountainous mainland.

In their hundreds they slew
Goblins left and right they died
Valiant heroes dropped as well
"The terrible waste," the wind sighed

As she continues the song, the mood around the tavern become less boisterous, and a bit more somber. Most of those present trace their descent from those early settlers, or at least identify with them in spirit.

Amoeba
Amoeba
Benedict gets a depressing look on his face, lost to his surroundings, to the sweet song he looks far with his mind's eye...."Those stories are what gives us purpose, identity. And money don't give you worth us a person, they either make your life more tolerant, help you realize your goals or they enslave you"

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Varian narrows his eyes a bit.

"A philosopher, eh? You either need more ale or less, and I'm not in the business of less ale." So saying, Varian draws Benedict another mug of ale and sets it in front of him.

In the tavern, Merry's song has reached the point in the saga where the heroes have defeated the goblins, and been set upon by demons set to protect the island from settlement. Apparently the city of Artesia was found mostly intact, and moved into when the nasties were cleared away.

"Over the demons as they lay
fields of roses bloomed red
The city was theirs for the taking
The creatures all dead"

The song moves away from the darker tone it had previously, and into the lighter subjects of the settlement of the city, formation of the government, ending with the crowning of the first king, Mantik, about 80 years ago.

Amoeba
Amoeba
"Well a good drink does make things look a little better." so saying benedict gives a taste to his ale.

But i still wonder what is in that map that would make a man leave his, well-made life to go and seek it ?"

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Just then a young man walks into the tavern and everyone turns to look at him.

They think he is dressed a bit odd. He is wearing short pants that are made out of animal hides. Boots up to his knees that are made out of hide and furs and has a leather headband. A leather pouch is slung across his body and hangs down to his side.

The tavern is darker than it is outside so his eyes take a minute to adjust. He looks around at the seedy establishment and at all of the people looking at him.

A few people chuckle at the sight and then everyone goes back to their business. He spies an empty stool at the bar and sits in it. He throws a couple of coins on the bar and says "Ale, please."

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
H
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
H
The evening meanders, as evenings often do, and the tavern became increasingly still. Drunks at their cups are passed out, or seeking inward memories of times gone by. Merry's sweet voice lilts on, but the volume of the tavern is at little more than a murmur now.

Benedict, Derissa and the new comer keep mostly to their drinks, only occasionally commenting. Varian is keeping busy with his bar, and all seems to be lulling off.

The ruckus outside takes them all totally unawares. It's hard to determine where the scuffle is, but it certainly sounds big. The cloud of dust rising in the street in front of the tavern is enormous, and blocks the view of the curious Benedict, and the cautious Derissa.

As the noise stops, a voice is heard, "I didn't think so!" shrieked the woman. She turned and marched into the tavern.

The stunned faces gape at her...

"What?"

Last edited by History Cindy; 05/01/08 05:38 PM.

Cindy Kessler
History Website
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Originally Posted By: WrestlingEditorVance
A few people chuckle at the sight and then everyone goes back to their business. He spies an empty stool at the bar and sits in it. He throws a couple of coins on the bar and says "Ale, please."

Varian slides an ale to him.

"Getting quite a few newcomers in today. Must have been a ship from Triumph come into port".

Originally Posted By: History Cindy
The ruckus outside takes them all totally unawares. It's hard to determine where the scuffle is, but it certainly sounds big. The cloud of dust rising in the street in front of the tavern is enormous, and blocks the view of the curious Benedict, and the cautious Derissa.

As the noise stops, a voice is heard, "I didn't think so!" shrieked the woman. She turned and marched into the tavern.

The stunned faces gape at her...

"What?"

Varian shakes his head slightly, and starts to move bottles off the shelf on the wall behind the bar, placing them below the bar. He moves unhurriedly, but surely.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Leif - Role Playing Games 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.