logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#409364 04/20/08 10:46 PM
V
OP Offline
V
Can you safely color hair that has been thinning but not currently falling out? Will coloring it darker make it appear fuller?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
I'd like to know that as well. I used to have thick hair, then when I hit 45....wow - I have to watch how I part it, etc.

Elephant
Elephant
Depends on the amount of thin hair and the pattern as to what a darker color may do for appearences sake. There are color lines out there (professional like CHI) that add ceramic and silk to the hair which softens it, restores shine, and helps thicken iy. When styling there are also blowing techniques and products (such as CHI Root Lifter and BioSilk Thickening Cream) which help lift and thicken the hair.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
If your hair is getting very thin, a lighter color usually works better for making it appearing fuller. With dark hair, there is a contrast between your hair and your scalp.

When tinting your hair, be very careful that your scalp does not become irritated. Nioxin, which is wonderful for helping thinning hair, has an ingredient in the systems for chemically enhanced that builds up protection for your scalp.

I used to be sensitive to hair color until I used System 7 for a while. (System 7 is for Medium to Coarse Hair, that is normal to thin looking and chemically enhanced.) If you have fine hair, System 3 is for you.

V
OP Offline
V
Jase..where do you get that CHI product? And what is the name of that? I had my hair dyed dark brown last year. It's faded. Right now I've put it dark brown streaks. My hair is a very drab dark blonde..I really love my hair dark..the problem is my hair on top is much finer. It's healthy..just not as thick as it used to be. I think hormones, diet. low iron and stress have all played a major role in the decline of my hair. It's getting better..slowly. It's a long process of recovery. Someone once said if you spray hairspray on your scalp before dyeing it..it will help protect the scalp from harsh chemicals. I want to find a gentle, yet effectice hair dye. I've never heard of that brand..and can you only get it through professionals? I never dye my hair myself because I don't want to screw anything up. I really love my hair when it's all over dark. Last year when I had it dyed dark brown..I noticed a ton of hair fall immediately afterwards and it scared me. Also, while the dye was sitting on my head..it burned in some areas. Is that normal? I wondered if I had a bad reaction to that particular dye. Because I was just pulling hairs out of my head for about a month or two afterward. I'm so afraid of that happening again,.But I want my hair all over dark. Just don't know what to do????

V
OP Offline
V
This was addressed to Lynn, too. I appreciate as much advice as I can get. I could go lighter because that would help conceal my scalp..but I like my hair so much better when it's dark. I'm really frustrated I feel like I can't have the color I want.

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Burning from hair tint shows a sensitivity to the product. Sometimes, switching brands will help, sometimes you will be sensitive to any hair tint.

Have you thought of weaving in the color? It will not be as uniformly dark all over as with an all over tint but it can be very attractive and will save your scalp.

Lots of fine weavings would give a rich and very antural look. I used to have this done when I was sensitive to hair tint.

V
OP Offline
V
What is weaving? Is that just like adding streaks of color with foils? The last time I did that..it was so hard to tell the difference. Do I just get larger pieces of hair colored? Won't a darker colore plump up the hair shaft more and give it more body?

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Weaving is like highlighting. Hair can be seperated out and put inside foils or special weaving foil. Putting dark color in does not stand out as much as putting blond in. I give deep rich texture. Adding tint will plump up the hair but not as much as bleaching it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.