Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Please check out my article this week on how to create a great looking bed -

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
LOL.. my ned is on the frame that we got with the box spring and mattress.

I have a hodge=podge of sheets (colors and sizes) a yarn blanket and a lumpy drafty comforter that needs to be replaced.

But it's comfortable for now and the kids and I like it. Kids as in the two dogs and two cats that share my bed LOL

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
That's a great article, Donna! People spend so many hours in their bed - and it's the last thing they see every night - so definitely it makes sense to have it be as appealing as possible smile

Our bed is very "snuggly". It has a soft top on the mattress, the pillows are soft and then I pile two thick blankets on top of the sheets. We keep the bedroom chill, so that I can have those blankets on me without being too hot. At least that's the theory smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
we have a Queen Anne Mahogany four poster bed, carved, that is 6.6'' by 6.6'' With tapestry curtians, tie backs and bedspread and cushions to match its colours. I have to say, I have seen Queen Victorias and ours is nicer!! it was a wedding present to me from my husband. I was not allowed to see it till our wedding night.

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

I have a queen size bed, on a frame with wheels hope some day to be able to get a head board to fancy it up

Rosie L
E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
Great article Donna, I loved your ideas. Thank you smile

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

B
Koala
Koala
B
I live in Earthquake country so there is nothing hanging on the wall over my bed or my kids beds. I need visuals when considering a makeover. What books do you recommend?

I was watching Myles of Style on HGTV earlier tonight, she is the one that was the winner of the past season of Reality Star. Anyway the one tip I liked was that she had the couple separate their books by color and then they were arranged by color on the bookcase that they painted white. I really liked the makeover of their living room.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
D
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Hi all! Thanks for sharing about your beds. I've been outta town, so it's taking me a while to get back to everyone.

Jase, I bet your "kids" like to snuggle all day long! lol

Lisa - I'm of the same theory...keep it chill w/plenty of layers!

Nicola Jane - what a fab present from your hubby!

Hi Rosie - have you thought of alternatives to the traditional headboard? You might be able to have one sooner than you think. wink

Donna smile

My bed is very Victorian with an old fashioned dark wood headboard, lots of blankies and soft pillows in rose and pinks. I love to cozy down in when I get in bed under all the covers.

I am thinking about taking out the headboard and putting up a tapestry in it's place, hanging from a curtain rod - something very old fashioned and peaceful.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
D
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Hi Bonnie!
I need visuals, too! I have a lot of favorite books - but most of my ideas come from looking at decorating magazines or just falling in love with a color or something I come across in a store or in nature. Color is probably my biggest inspiration.

That's probably why my bedroom started by picking the colors first. But, it's almost easier sometimes to pick something you love like a painting and then build your bedroom around that - tapping into the colors, theme, etc.

Have you thought about hanging a lightweight painted canvas or fabric over your bed? Something that adds personality and color that won't break or hurt someone if it falls? Or can you paint directly onto the wall?

Thanks for sharing about Myles of Style. I haven't seen that show - now you have me curious. smile

Donna smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.