Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
~ Rae ~ Offline OP
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
This week personal privacy and the TSA went head to head. After a few decades of body piercing moving more and more into the mainstream the government has decided they can't tell the difference between a nipple ring and a bra bomb.

The TSA Becomes Unreasonable About Piercings

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
Yea.. this case was totally unreasonable. I cannot believe they did that to her. i know how it can be to have problems with the rings and such... but damn.. what were they thinking. Getting their jollies off on her humiliation.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Yea, no kidding.

They don't have a problem with using a hand wand on people who have had surgery and have metal in their body, I know that for a fact, my Mother has stints in her heart. They were going to pass her through without the special identification card she has speaking on the subject.

I thought it terribly innapproproate. What are they going to do if someone has a peircing further south?

Shark
Shark
Hard to imagine being in her position. I would be in tears. What happens when an underwire bra causes a problem, and what excuse do they give for treating this differently?

As a family going through security, I have often been amazed when my children are pre-picked to be screened and scrutinized while suspicious looking adults walk through.

I guess its not a perfect system yet.

Koala
Koala
welcome to texas ya'll nothing says howdie like Show us your boobies!

God we're a$$ backwards here!

thats way I just drive! I can show my whatnots to whoever I want or no one if I want but its all on my terms!

i've been talking to my boyfriend about this. he's military, and i figured he might have some better "insight" or w/e.

i agree, taking out a nipple ring is like being asked to remove your bra. id call sexual harassment if some one asked me to take out body piercings in private areas in public like that.

my boyfriend pointed out one thing i can't disagree with though. if they can't see it, they will just assume that it is a weapon. thats why rings, necklaces, earings, and facial piercings slide so easy. just because they can see it. however, with a genital piercing.... thats really embarassing for a lot of people. even if its the same sex viewing it. i honestly don't know where to draw the line there.

I can't brain today...
...I have the stupid.
yeah i just read the cnn article. the woman offered to show the nipple rings, and she was told she had to remove them and not her navel ring. thats [censored] up beyond belief especially after 4 MALE and 2 female tsa officers made a scene. its even worse that the male officers made a bigger scene and laughed about it.

id definitely demand to have my flight ticket paid back if they didnt let me on board the flight and go through some where else.

what if you called the airline and tell them they lost a customer because of tsa officials? and if not the airline, then maybe the airport? think it might make the airlines try to help change it?

I can't brain today...
...I have the stupid.
Koala
Koala
money talks and the more you got the bigger your voice is but I think it would take a lot of people that fle regularly with lots of money and clout to make any real differents.

Here is my thing what if they had the rings in there pocket or purse or something could thy still take it on the plain? what is the differents between the ring being in the pocket or purse and the person wearing it? If you have an underwire bra on are they going to make you take that off for air port entertainment as well?

How many people with pacemakers and defiblaters have been put through this much of a scene? to me a pacemaker ordefiblater would set off alarms faster then tiny little rings... I mean its not like your nipple rings are as big or in the shape of dinemite! HELLO?!

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Originally Posted By: MiffedMisFit
i've been talking to my boyfriend about this. he's military, and i figured he might have some better "insight" or w/e.

i agree, taking out a nipple ring is like being asked to remove your bra. id call sexual harassment if some one asked me to take out body piercings in private areas in public like that.

my boyfriend pointed out one thing i can't disagree with though. if they can't see it, they will just assume that it is a weapon. thats why rings, necklaces, earings, and facial piercings slide so easy. just because they can see it. however, with a genital piercing.... thats really embarassing for a lot of people. even if its the same sex viewing it. i honestly don't know where to draw the line there.

But thats not true, I have seen plenty of times when someone goes through the xray machine and goes off, they empty their pockets etc. and then they wand them and call it good. What about people with metal INSIDE their body? They are satisfied with wanding them.
I think this was a couple of good ole boys getting their jollies.

L
Koala
Koala
L
The thing with airport security is they never seem to actually find anything that COULD be used in any way. They're so full of BS. I'm seriously getting anxious about flying to Seattle in June. Last year my husband had problems at the airport because the "rules" had changed and no new signs were posted. He and several other people from his flight were following the POSTED signs. They were then literally screamed at by airport personnel. They also went through his luggage (and several others') and just chucked stuff into a garbage bag because it was "over 3 ounces" or whatever. I think the reason I remember that was because the thing of his that they threw away was the correct amount, but they threw it away anyway.

Also, since when is it okay to just start throwing out people's belongings? Is this Nazi Germany?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.