Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Lisa you have to understand that Jillian did everything she could for Brittney and nothing was working. Brittney was going to be under the line no matter what. She had been 2-3 pounds each week for a very long time. frown

Jillian made a long shot gamble and if people had voted Jay off, like it would have made a lot more sense to do, then Brittney might have really rebounded the following week. I think it was the right choice. Remember, the onyl reason Brittney didn't go home earlier was the bernie gave her the immunity that ended up sending HIM home.

Anyway, Jillian is awesome and I believe she made a hard call that could well have worked out. There was no reason to vote Brittney home - she was no threat to anyone. Jay was the actual threat of the two. For Ali and Dan to vote Brit off made no sense...and as we saw later, this bit them both in the butt in subsequent weeks. frown

Last edited by Jilly; 03/29/08 01:19 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Marvin's Mom, I agree. In Jay's case, I don't think he will be able to beat Roger, so it would have made more sense to take the 10k if you are going home anyway.

But on the other hand...if your goal is to stay as long as possible to get everything from the ranch you can, the the one pound pass is the right thing by far! smile

So i think it's case by case. For Jay, he can actually go home now and be just fine. He's already very fit and probably only has 15-20 MAX left to lose. Mark is pretty much done - if he drops more weight he will be looking haggard. he has already achieved his goal of weighing less than Bob. smile

So I think the one pound pass would be better for these people:

Dan (but too late now)- a lot of pounds left to lose
Ali - I want to see a girl stay in as long as possible and maybe win for once
Kelly - she has a lot of pounds she can still lose, and every pound counts with that scrappy girl to keep her in the game

Who would be better with the money -
Roger, who will never be below the yellow line
Mark and Jay, who will not be able to beat Roger.

Anyway, so that is my thought.

If it was me? I probably would, like you, have taken the one pound pass to stay in the game as long as possible. smile

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Sofie, i agree; I 'd take Jillian in a heartbeat. She is a powerhouse combo of hardcore and loving. She really comes to care for the people in her charge. You could see she was devastated when Bob got to rearrange the teams to his liking (and picked all the heavy men, which annoyed me to no end).

I also love how Jillian brought in her mother, the psychologist, to get everyone to start realizing their emotional basis for becoming obese. it was so powerful. For example. You realized where poor paul was coming from with his terrible father who would beat him with a strap, and how paul would just take it to spare his younger siblings. And how food became a comfort and also a way to soften the physical blows by adding layers of fat. paul came to see he could let go of it after all this time and move on.

You could see them all come face to face with their past situations as Jillian realized they needed this to be able to KEEP the weight off after they leave the ranch.

Basically the producers gave Jillian an underdog team halfway though the season, and she has done phenomenal to keep them in the game.

I don't have a problem with Bob - i liked the yoga session he gave his team at one point - but he is more distant/less passionate with his individuals. i don't think I would respond well to that.

There has got to be a reason Jillian's teams always win, season after season. smile

Last edited by Jilly; 03/29/08 01:43 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Well when I was down dancing yesterday, usually what I do is end with the easier songs to wind down. But this time I convinced myself I had Jillian there yelling at me and I killed myself with a final set of hard songs. So either that burned off a few more calories, or it damaged my leg muscles wink

I missed the yoga episode! I'd go with yoga dude smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Here is an exit internview from Brittney about Jillian: smile

What will you miss most about the ranch?

First and foremost, I will miss Jillian. She changed my life forever. That is why I was sobbing by myself as I was packing last night. I am going to miss seeing her face in the morning. She is such a different person than what you see on TV. She really does care. I love her so much!

What are some of the most important tips the trainers gave you?

Jillian has given me so many tips it's ridiculous. She is so intelligent. She has broken down what is going on with my body. If it weren't for her, I would have never figured out how I lost the weight. She taught me how to curb my emotional eating. She taught me how to walk away from a stressful situation and re-evaluate what I am putting in my body.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That is so wonderful! It is great that they are really learning the "whys" of why they gained weight, so they can break that chain going forward. We really need those sorts of mentors available for all people. Sort of like going to a doctor - but a doctor of your soul, rather than one who just looks at your height and weight ...

Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
ooo - i love that! Doctor of the Soul.

That is kinda what we are doing here, isn't it?

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Yes we are a soul community smile We help to encourage people to reach for a better life!

I definitely am in far better shape than when we began this all. I was just downstairs dancing for an hour and back when I began the "in the navy" song would absolutely *kill* me. Now this time I did it three times back-to-back and finally got a perfect score on it smile That is a huge change!!

Jeanne would love one of the DDR games, it has The Reflex by Duran Duran in it smile

Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
TBL is on tonite!!!!!

Who goes home next? My guess is Mark. He really has no more weight to lose.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Oh I forgot completely!! But luckily our digital recorder is set to grab it. I'll go watch it when Bob gets home!

Low Carb Forum
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review - Adobe Animate Essential Training
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Learn EVERYTHING about Creating Repeat Patterns
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:04 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/11/24 04:36 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.