Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#392192 03/13/08 02:31 PM
F
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
F
Wow! When did tea become such a hot topic? The hottest among those I have viewed at Bella.

My question is, what has become of Lapsang Souchang? I know Twinings used to produce it for the grocery market. I haven't looked everywhere, but I can say that neither of my local grocery stores, Acme and Shop Rite, carry it even though both devote at least 10 feet of shelf frontage to various teas.

Anyone else like to drink it? Anyone else notice the same? Do I have to go to a specialtea shoppe?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I have never heard of Lapsang Souchang tea. What is the flavor like? You have made it sound really good.

Do you have any "World Markets" in your area? They might have it.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
I also never heard of it does it come in a bag or is it loose

Rosie L
Gecko
Gecko
For me, it's always been hip, Frank. wink hehe

I have seen Lapsang Souchong available through many tea vendors. Stash.com, Adagio.com, Yamamotoyama.com. Try those and see if you can find what you're looking for. smile

*EDIT* Republicoftea.com also has Lapsang Souchong. Also: I will be writing an article soon about Lapsang Souchong since it is a Chinese tea. Perhaps you (and Nicola, since this is one of her favorite teas) would be interested in reading it. smile I'll post a link to it when it is finished.

Last edited by Heather - Chinese Culture; 03/13/08 04:11 PM.

Heather J. Hasan
Chinese Culture Editor & CC Forum Moderator
F
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
F
Yes, I wondered if it was actually SouchOng.

For the others, Lapsang Souchong is a smoked tea leaf that produces a singular and delicious smoky cup of tea.

I am not particularly eager to buy tea over the internet. So apparently you have also noticed that it is not available through the major exporters to the American market?

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Hey Heather, How are you? I will watch for your article on Lapsang Souchong. I thought I knew about tea, and there sure is alot out there I do not know. I am discovering so much more as I do research, I'm just loving it! Thank you for your insight.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
Gecko
Gecko
Mary,
Yes, there is loads to learn about tea! I have been interested in tea since I was a young teen. I'm now 23 and still don't know a fraction of all their is to know about tea. But I keep reading and hope one day I'll be the big tea guru I pretend to be wink hehe

Heather J. Hasan
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Heather, I'm glad your interest for tea is there, I'm glad your generation has discovered not only the health related benefits, but it's taste. Truly when I was young tea was often associated with being sick. If you were ill, they would bring you tea to make you feel better! Or whenever my mother would make home made chop suey. That's about it. There were very few brands at the store during my grwong up days, so it was not very heard of. Back then it was special to go to a Chinese or Japanese restaurant, there you could have green tea, or oolong tea. P.S.
I also admire you're being only 23 and already doing so much with the power of words and writing. Kudos!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
Gecko
Gecko
Mary,

My mom used to give me tea when I was sick too smile It was so comforting and I sometimes wonder if perhaps that is why I grew to love it so much.

I totally know what you mean about going to the Chinese or Japanese restaurant and having the tea! The Chinese restaurant I usually eat at has the best oolong tea and, no matter what, I can't achieve the same effect at home.

P.S for your P.S. (hehe): Thank you! My spelling needs some work and so does my grammer but I think I can ace it. wink You do a great job yourself. smile

Heather J. Hasan
J
Koala
Koala
J
I love teas from The Republic of Tea.

They have several blends of Lapsang Souchong

I've never tried it but might order some.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  mary-tea1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.