My sister bought mine from Lane Bryant, they fit great

Rosie L
Sponsored Post Advertisement
"Rosie" #384073 02/29/08 06:53 PM
C
Zebra
Zebra
C
It's a wonderful thing that they are making stretch jeans now that don't look stretchy.

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
chloe21 #384130 02/29/08 07:48 PM
Tiger
Tiger
Yes! I guess that 1 - 3 % is all it takes. I hate those one that are like super stretchy. I don't really consider those jeans. I think they have like 20% or more spandex.

M o e #384229 02/29/08 10:28 PM
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
I love jeans and t-shirts. I like the elastic waist, though. And pockets - must have pockets! I also like wearing sweats around home.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Tiger
Tiger
It looks like we can expect more muffin tops for the remainder of the year.

M o e #386739 03/04/08 03:17 PM
OP Offline
Don't they ever really look in the mirror objectively? Do they not have well meaning friends that tell them they look funny dressed like that? I have seen much older women, with excess belly fat wearing the muffin top look, only with them it looks more like the muffin overflowed its cup.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I used to hate jeans, I thought of them as scratchy and would only wear handmade pants my grandmother made. Somewhere along the way I grew to tolerate jeans but for the past 10 years I really rarely wear them. I like sweatpants, they are comfy.

Last night we were actually leaving the house (the amazement!!) so I dug out a pair of size 8 jeans. Now keep in mind I got these like 15 years ago so at this point they might be actual "size 14" jeans with the way the clothing industry keeps changing. In any case I survived in them for maybe an hour or so but then they started to really hurt in the (ahem) crotch so I actually bought sweatpants at the Sears we were at and changed into them in the car for the ride home smile

So that taught me a lesson not to wear jeans for the next 10 years.

And yes I had tried to go buy a "current" pair of jeans a few months ago and they were so AWFUL looking, at least on me, the muffin top look indeed. I kept thinking something must be wrong with the sizes I was choosing but really, none came up to my waist. I definitely don't like them coming across the hips like that, and I agree, when I see girls wearing them it looks like they are sliding off. So to me that looks like they "don't fit" but I'm sure that's a big part of the appeal, is that they look sexy to guys like "they'll slide any moment now". Sort of like how girls like to wear tops that look like they're about to slip off.

So I think it's a sexy thing of "about to fall" rather than a "looks good on" smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
OP Offline
The last company I worked at before retirement, had several young girls in the warehouse who wore jeans so low their butt cracks were right there for everyone to see. It was so embarrassing.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I always wondered how wearing jeans so tight that it created a muffin-top could possible be comfortable. I can't stand when my clothes or *ahem* panties cut into me - way to much discomfort!

How about the ones with the butt crack showing and a g-string on? Quite the sight!

M o e #386766 03/04/08 03:41 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Originally Posted By: M o e
I totally hate that look. And it always seems they are wearing the jeans one size too small (me complaining again, this is never going to work).

I do however like it when they wear them over the really long hip length tops. I think that looks cute.

HA HA HA HA.... I'm not gonna say a word!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.