Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
Off topic, but just a few more days until I get my new-to-me Yamaha V-Star! Yay!! smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Froggie

Please post a pic, I can't wait to see it.

F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
I'll try to put some up soon. The gas tank is actually a bit dented. The guy I bought it from wrecked it. No big deal though. The price was right, and everything else works well.

E
E
for me helmets are really really important because thats the only thing that basically protects your head if in case you have an accident. motorcycles are really dangerous as well, but it also has its advantages cos you don't get stick in traffic. you can just swerve your way out of traffic. but the risk you have in exchange is your life...you never know what will happen next in a motorcycle ride...

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
That is also what makes it exciting! I love to ride, it is relaxing for me but I try and stay out of high traffic areas whenever possible.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
We always wear full helmets when we ride. We know too many riders who crashed. If you ride a ton of miles, it is likely you're going to hit a situation where you cannot avoid a crash. There are so many deer out there and with their speed if they leap out right as you pass you simply cannot avoid them. We like our brains smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
I generally do not wear a helmet when riding because when I was on my learners permit I had to and almost got hit. My helmet blocks my view. However, I recently learned about the Snell helmet and am going to look at them. When I was writing about them I learned the vision problem may be because the helmet is not a proper fit.

Sheri

Sheri Ann Richerson
Water Gardens
F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
Yeah, ideally a helmet shouldn't block your view. I've never used a full-face helmet before... I would think that those would, but possibly not. I've never had any problems with my helmet.

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
I wear a full face helmet also for most of the reasons that FrankJBN stated. It does get hot but the helmet has vents. Also, I wear a leather perforated jacket in the summer. To keep cool, I take wear a couple of thin t-shirts and keep them doused in water. That way, the wind cools you as you are riding through the perfs. Works for me. By the time I get where I am going, I am almost dry underneath and still cool.

E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
Yep, from seeing how hurt the human body can be, I have always worn Full face helmet and Full leathers riding. When I see some guys in England on their bikes with only shorts and a light jacket, I cring thinking of what could happen if they should crash, even at a low speed.

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review - Adobe Animate Essential Training
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Learn EVERYTHING about Creating Repeat Patterns
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:04 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/11/24 04:36 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.