logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#378849 02/22/08 12:10 AM
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
I am a business manager in my day job. I do bookkeeping, and well, manage the entire office and business and I really enjoy it. I had no idea that I would enjoy it or that I even remembered any bookkeeping from all those accounting classes I took when I got my business degree, but apparently it stuck and I love it more than I thought.

Do any of you do bookkeeping out of your homes as your business? I am seriously thinking of doing that. I'm reading a great book about doing it right now. I will need to get certified just because it looks good, not required, but I think it's a real doable business.

What do you think?

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
Stephanie,

Doing bookkeeping out of your home is an excellent business. I did this a long time ago when my children were smaller. I could easily do the work when my children were in bed or off playing with friends. I used PC Anywhere to connect to my client's computers. I would go into their offices about once a month.

Which book are you reading?

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I once thought I would like to do bookeeping from home, but have been too busy over my adult life. Now that I am retired I am thinking once again about doing this. I worked in accounting for over 30 years and loved it. I guess getting certified would be a really good idea. It would give us more credibility, I think.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Sorry I didn't answer, stuff happened, and I was unable to come back. I am reading the book called:

How to open your own In-Home bookkeeping service, second ed. By Julie Mucha-Aydlott, CFE

I have also started a home course to get certified. I think I've lost my mind though as I am also starting grad school in the fall... but I find the bookkeeping part easy, so if I can do this and get some jobs then I wouldn't have to work all day outside the house.

Then my problem will be how much I love my employers. Sigh.

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
What are you being certified in?

R U going to QB certification?

I've worked with many bookkeepers who started and successfully ran businesses at home. Many called themselves VAs (virtual assistants) and some did not.

Are there places around your area that you could start networking now? Any BPW or other women's groups?

Don't wait to start getting work.

C
Gecko
Gecko
C
Yes! you got that right. Earning a certification gives you more credibility as you must take classes to keep your certification in good standing.

Way to go!

I wish you continued success in this new challenge.

Consuelo Herrera - Accounting Editor

A typical business loses 5% of its gross revenue to fraud Report to the Nations issued by ACFE Fraud Solutions International: Fraud Prevention/Investigation and training. Contact us!
info@fraudawareness.org

Accountingwebsite
Accounting Forum

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
I'm getting the CB designation via AIPB.

I am going slow at it though due to time factors.

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.