logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Some Life Coaches may offer a free introductory Coaching Session. Others may offer a discount or even none at all.

The Free Session is an interesting debate. I've done lots of Free Coaching Sessions in the past. Over time, I've discovered that most people who do not pay don't seem to take their coaching as seriously.

I've done pro bono coaching before and I've also found these are the clients who progress the least. I find that if we set a small rate that they feel stretches them, they take it very seriously because they invest in themselves.

What's your experience as either a Coach or a Client?

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
TamiS,

I am a small business and writing coach. I have to say I completely agree. People who do not pay, do not take coaching seriously.

I stopped giving free sessions. Instead, I offer a free newsletter, a free audio program, and free teleclasses for people to "sample" me.

It works much better! :<)

Kim

Kim Lednum, CEC
The Write Promotion Coach for Business
For 7 Quick & Easy Tips for Attracting Busines Now visit my site:
http://www.attractbusinessnow.com
Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi Kim,

I completely agree. We can still be generous and inspire people, but we can do it on a larger scale where hopefully more people will gain value from it.

A rarely do this anymore, but just recently, I spent over an hour with someone whom I had gifted with a free session. We set up a plan based on the things she's really wanted to accomplish. Though she was enthusiastic about how powerful our session was, it was apparently too much bother to finish our pre-determined accountability emails to me about her progress in the end.

Had she paid, I'm sure she would have taken the coaching time very seriously and would have grown that much faster because of it.

If I had spent that time with a group of people, at least more would have been impacted, even if some didn't take it seriously.

I wonder how many women are interested in a free group coaching call. If you're out there, speak up and tell us your thoughts!

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
People pay for value. I do few free consultations; but when I do, I get better clients. How? The form I have has the criteria for giving away my time! If they don't fit the criteria, they don't ask for free. Instead they pay me for an hour smile

Shark
Shark
My freebies are strategic. I give away in value about double or triple what I make from my businesses.

People want to know what they're getting. So I do introductory sessions free - if the person requesting it has a project or motivating factor that I'm excited about. And, during the intro session, I get to suss out the prospective client. I don't want to work with just anybody - I choose carefully who I take on as a paying client.

Is this someone who will do the work? Is this person coachable? Is it like pulling teeth from a cat? (Not that I've done it, but you get the picture.)

And then there are the freebies like the 30 Day Challenge (see sig) where I'm coaching a team of people who are motivated. The idea wasn't mine, nor is the challenge - but everyone on my team gets to work with me for free for the entire run of the program.

Also, I have a variety of price points - like the Business Coaching Club($19.19 - $37.37), Executive Coaching Club ($9.95 - $37.37), and Small Business Start-Up School($3,000 - $4,200).

Not everyone is going to pay $3000 to get help starting a business. But smart ones will see the guarantee and know it's worth it to get a successful start. With 50% of businesses failing - a guarantee to get the first paying client during our run together - makes complete sense to a success-minded entrepreneur.

But "tire kickers" will still get a lot of value out of the clubs - they feature training, coaching, and support - they get to know me, and what I do, at a price they feel more comfortable affording. These clients then can purchase individual or group sessions and will feel good doing so, because they already know me and know I've helped them.

As fellow coaches, I don't mind sharing how I do what I do - helping each other succeed helps the whole industry of coaching. My life's work is to help others succeed in creating vocations out of what they love to do - you all are included in that!

Feel free to join my free membership newsletter and be kept informed of what's going on. Join Small Business Services | Executive Business Coaching here.

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.