Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Tami S #351746 11/01/07 08:51 PM
H
Koala
Koala
H
That's very beautiful, Tami. Just like you are.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tami S #351750 11/01/07 09:02 PM
B
Shark
Shark
B
Tami I think that is absolutely correct!

I think perfection is a state of mind...different things for different people. I think being perfect means being true to yourself, being able to give & receive love in all forms unconditionally but that is only possible when you become comfortable in your own skin.

H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
We are all getting poetic.
But the truth is different.
We may think that we are good at something. Say we believe that we control our emotions well.
But somebody else may ask us to improve upon that side of our life.
This forum is full of people who are seeking advice about how to get better.

I know that no one is perfect. But if we know what kind of person he/she will be, we can try to go towards that.

H
Koala
Koala
H

I try to have the right intentions. I don't always do the right thing, but i can count on myself being sincere in what i try to do, and that, i think, avoids many problems. Others may not know when i've done my best, but i know.

I try to listen to what others tell me they need from me and to understand them better. This is a never ending process of trying to perfect.

That said, i can't always give others what they want. Sometimes what they want would not be good for them and sometimes it would not be good for me.

I try to be accepting. If i see someone do a wrong, it is my duty to speak up, but though i may not approve of a behavior, i try not to generalize it to where i have no compassion or respect for the person. I have not walked in their shoes or had their challenges. With myself, i try to improve myself but at the same time i know when i find fault with myself it works better if i try to correct the behavior without being hard on myself and thinking bad things of all of me. Acceptance and compassion help a lot.

I try to stop my false excuses, blame, and self pity.

I try to have worthy goals and to focus in on them.

I know that when i am happy, i work better, am more kind to others, and make better decisions. I know when i help others to feel happy, it does similarly for them.

hm. What am i missing?

H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
Who do we admire as a great and possibly perfect person?
I think of Mahatma Gandhi.
What about others?

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Haridas quote: "Who is a perfect person? After getting there, they need not improve. What are the qualities a perfect person should have according to you? I tried to think of that but failed. any help?"

Jesus was perfect, but even He acted up sometimes, like getting angry and throwing things when the people were not using the temple for its desired purpose.

Perfection doesn't exist as everything can be improved in some way, and as fantastic as everything is that God created, it dims and dies in some way, which means it is never lasting.

Haridas quote: "Who do we admire as a great and possibly perfect person? I think of Mahatma Gandhi. What about others?"

I would say Mother Teresa was great and possibly another perfect person in many peoples' eyes. Princess Di was another one who did and said wonderful things, helped others and gave much of her time for others. She was a perfect person in today's world but she was always trying to improve herself.

Personally, I think a PERFECT person is one who is HONEST, SINCERE, HARD WORKING, JUST, KIND, LOVING, LOYAL, COMPASSIONATE. These are qualities that I think would make a person PERFECT. wink

Do you think Gandi, Mother Teresa, or Princess Di ever thought of themselves as perfect? I highly doubt it as humans always strive to be better.

Trish

H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
Trish,

Jesus is God so he is not part of discussion. He is always perfect.

H
Koala
Koala
H
But I think that was the point she was trying to make: If God is perfect and yet his behavior seemed very human... could that mean that perfection includes "acting up sometimes?"

H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
God is free. He/she can play in all the ways. In India we call it Leela of God. When he/she cats like human.

Hollyelise, who do you think is perfect?

H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
Originally Posted By: babyquacker
Haridas quote: "Who is a perfect person? After getting there, they need not improve. What are the qualities a perfect person should have according to you? I tried to think of that but failed. any help?"

Jesus was perfect, but even He acted up sometimes, like getting angry and throwing things when the people were not using the temple for its desired purpose.

Perfection doesn't exist as everything can be improved in some way, and as fantastic as everything is that God created, it dims and dies in some way, which means it is never lasting.

Haridas quote: "Who do we admire as a great and possibly perfect person? I think of Mahatma Gandhi. What about others?"

I would say Mother Teresa was great and possibly another perfect person in many peoples' eyes. Princess Di was another one who did and said wonderful things, helped others and gave much of her time for others. She was a perfect person in today's world but she was always trying to improve herself. How about her sexual affairs with so many people? Is she a good role model?

Yes. Mother Teresa was very compassionate. Near my home there is a branch of the mission and I visit them sometimes. they are doing great work.

Personally, I think a PERFECT person is one who is HONEST, SINCERE, HARD WORKING, JUST, KIND, LOVING, LOYAL, COMPASSIONATE. These are qualities that I think would make a person PERFECT. wink

Very well said.

Do you think Gandi, Mother Teresa, or Princess Di ever thought of themselves as perfect? I highly doubt it as humans always strive to be better.

Trish

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.