Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
F
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
F
So sorry to read this antikid!!
Hang in there. Good times come after bad, and you will make it through to a better time. A whole world of opportunities is opening for you with this change. Good luck. Sending positive thoughts and virtual hugs your way.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
Gecko
Gecko
P
Originally Posted By: Deborah49
I think when you're coming out of a relationship, it's even harder...my sister was engaged for 8 years - after it ended, I think it took her 2 years or so to put her new life together.

I think you're right. I had a really tough time when my marriage ended, because suddenly the world seemed to be full of couples. And even if friends try not to take sides, subconsciously or otherwise, they always do.

My relationships with a lot of my female friends changed overnight as well. It was as if by being single, I was a threat to their marriages, and I was suddenly excluded from things I'd always been a part of before. In some cases, it wasn't even subtle!

This was actually the toughest part of the breakup for me. I can remember many nights spent railing against the unfairness of it all, and mourning the loss of my friends until I found some new ones of my own.

Last edited by Pikasam; 10/18/07 01:05 PM.

Childfree? Join us at www.thechildfreelife.com.
A
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
A
Frieda7- Thanks so much for the good thoughts...I am a strong person, I know I can do this.

Pikasam- Thanks to you too...Its kind of weird for me, actually a lot of my friends are single or getting divorced including my sister. So, they have been a great source of comfort and advice. My mind is whirling right now with all of the stuff we have to figure out, but at the bottom of it all I am relieved that finally my husband and I are both being honest about what we want and taking action instead of staying in a dead marriage. He is still my best friend; he just really isn't a husband. Strange huh?

On an evil note...I have never looked better. I am in the best shape of my life and IF (big if) I want to date, I don't think it will be a problem...I have a hot body hehehe

A
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
A
On a side note, he kept saying that me not wanting kids wasn't an issue for him...but I think it really is...every time we talked about it he would say that he wanted them, but he knew I didn't and wouldn't push me into it. So, whether he knows it or not, he is looking for a woman to have kids with and that is ok...it just isn't going to be me thank god!!!

L
Koala
Koala
L
Originally Posted By: antikid
My husband of nine years asked for a divorce yesterday, so I am going to be facing this issue very soon.

I'm so sorry that this is happening. I hope you get through this okay. We're here for you!

I
indigo2 Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I
i'm also so sorry to hear about your break-up and sending my support your way! you seem like a very strong person and i really hope things turn out well for you!

indigo

F
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
F
I have dealt with being alone my whole life. I am an only child in a very small family. I always had problems making friends with girls. They usually turned out to be fake backstabbers. My best friend died of cancer 13 years ago. When I was in college, my friends were mostly guys because the women were impossible.

P
Gecko
Gecko
P
Originally Posted By: antikid
On a side note, he kept saying that me not wanting kids wasn't an issue for him...but I think it really is...every time we talked about it he would say that he wanted them, but he knew I didn't and wouldn't push me into it. So, whether he knows it or not, he is looking for a woman to have kids with and that is ok...it just isn't going to be me thank god!!!

I've been there and done that. And I'm still happy with my decision, and I still think that in these cases, it's the right thing to do.

Childfree? Join us at www.thechildfreelife.com.
Gecko
Gecko
Antikid,

I, too, am sorry that you're having to go through a divorce. You said you know you'll get through this, and I can already tell by your "voice" that you're right.

Sometimes it helps to hear other people's divorce stories (sometimes just to know you're in a BIG boat full of people who have faced a similar situation, other times to actually read a worse story...in a twisted way, it makes us feel good about ourselves when we can say, 'I might be in a tight spot right now, but at least I didn't have to face what SHE did!' -- like how many of us feel when we read TMC), so I'll briefly share mine.

I chose to remain a virgin until I married at age 25, and wouldn't you know the sicko cheated on me after only 11 months of marriage. mad I met my second husband at work when I was about 29, and we married almost two years later. That's the one who hit me and was more verbally cruel than Satan on the rag. We divorced two years ago.

Now, at 36, I too have thrown myself into the best shape I've ever been in, I got a bunch of new girl friends (mostly through a rowdy, wine-drinking Bunko group made up of professional women ages 25-45), I've settled into a CF mindset, got an even better job, have taken up racquetball and tennis, and I really enjoy my life. I'd be lying if I say I don't get lonely sometimes, but I'm lucky enough to still have both parents, and they live only six miles from me, so I can either go visit them, call up a friend for drinks/dinner, treat myself to the same (I LOVE treating myself to dinner or a movie), or ... oh yeah ... get together with my boyfriend. I sure do love the boyfriend of nearly 8 months, but I try to enrich my own life without him in many ways to offer us both a more fulfulling "together" time and so as not to become dependent on him for my own entertainment or enrichment.

There were a couple of things that kept me positive as I faced my two divorces, and the most important thing was that I didn't have to put any children through the same. "Thank you, God, for not 'blessing' me with children" became my divorce mantra. Other things were my friends, family, and the power of hopping a plane for new adventures to get my mind off the present situation.

Oh, I cried pretty hard a few times, especially in the first couple of weeks and months that followed the initial filing. But I had cried harder and more often being in that marriage -- abused physically and mentally, feeling like someone was eating a bit of my soul away every day I woke up in that house.

Good luck, Anti, as you get through this. Better times and better people await you in your near future.

"Men and women think that it is necessary to have children. It is not. It is their animal nature and social custom, rather than reason, which makes them believe that this is a necessity." --Democritus
L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
I'm very sorry to hear this. I just found out that my fiance of 5 years has been seeing his ex-girlfriend for a few months. She has a daughter and he wants to marry her and continue a family. I'm feeling very lonely right now.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.