Next Thread
Print Thread
M
MB2345 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
M
Apparently Robert Jordan, author of the best-selling Wheel of Time fantasy series, died yesterday from complications from primary amyloidosis with cardiomyopathy (cardiac amyloidosis). He had been fighting this disease for a couple of years now. The poor guy was only 58. He had not yet completed the 12th and final book in the Wheel of Time series: A Memory of Light.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I know he had been having a hard battle with this - with much pain and frustration. So in that way I am glad he is no longer suffering.

But dang! Now i'll never find out what happens to Rand, Matt, Perrin, & Elayne. The Matt/Tuon story was really getting good, too. And i don't think there is any way someone else can pick up his notes and finish it off, either. He was just too good.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
LML Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I just saw the news this morning. How terrible, but as Michelle said, I'd heard he was in much pain.

My husband LOVES the Wheel of Time. We went down to Philadelphia two years ago to see him speak. He was a very wonderful speaker and he seemed a very nice person as well.

I want to say I'd read somewhere that he has very detailed notes of what he had planned for the stories. I do remember from when we saw him that he said he keeps very detailed files on all his characters.

M
MB2345 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
M
I'd heard that at one time he didn't approve of the idea of someone else finishing his last book, but that he'd changed his mind on that and had shared all his notes with his family before he died. I'm guessing that his wife (who used to be a literary agent) will work with editors and make sure the last book gets published to complete the series.

L
L
I, too, am glad he is no longer suffering. I'm also, like Michelle, wondering who will finish the last book of The Wheel of Time. It's an awesome series and deserves to see completion. Plus, I really want to know the outcome of all those plots and subplots. (Hits submit while mumbling about plot twists and William Faulkner)

Marjorie Bishop
Etiquette

Moderated by  SF/FBooks Evelyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.