logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
For the last month or so I have not been dreaming. Or if I do dream I cannot remember them. This is unusual for me since I usually dream several times a night. I use my dreams as a sort of therapy, to help me understand how I feel about things. Any ideas about what is happening?

Tomorrow is another day.
Scarlett O'Harrah
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I'm sure you are dreaming, just not remembering. It may be that you've been meeting your problems head-on enough that your subconcious hasn't had much to work out. Or, other the other end of the spetrum, you've been so tired that your dream sleep is getting buried in the other cycles.

Also to consider, are you taking any new medications? Even something as simple as allergy meds can really drag you down in sleep.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
T
Tef Offline
T
Yes, I agree. We actually dream every night. Whether we remember those dreams is another story.

L
OP Offline
L
Thanks. I have been really tired lately. Maybe that explains why I can't remember my dreams. My daughter Made me a bracelet to put under my pillow. She used a lot of special stones to help me dream better and to be able to connect with the spirit world. I will let you know what happens.

Tomorrow is another day.
Scarlett O'Harrah
Shark
Shark
Hi,

I agree with the other replies that you are dreaming, what is missing right now is the dream recall. I know that this can be disturbing. You may be wondering if you'll ever remember your dreams again, especially if this is the first time you've experience a lack of ability to recall your dreams or if this is the first time you've experienced such an extended period of lack of dream recall.

It sounds as if you use your dreams quite a bit...you sound much like myself. I have exceptional dream recall and actually almost rely on my dreams. The first thing I do each morning is write down my dreams.

And sometimes this is the problem! Working with dreams is a form of therapy and can be quite involving. Dream work involves many different levels. You are working on yourself psychologically, spiritually, and emotionally. Sometimes this becomes a little much, especially when you work with your dreams quite frequently.

The lack of dream recall can sometimes indicate that the psyche has given you enough information to work with for a while. It can be a sign that what has already been delivered needs to be assimilated and processed. Think of it much like being a famous person with a backlog of fan mail--only your mail is coming from you to you!

That you mention you have been tired lately also leads me to believe that you are probably in need of some resting/assimilation/recovery time--working on our interior selves has an impact on our physical selves.

I remember the first time I had an extended period of lack of dream recall my major concern was, "Will it ever come back?" Being such a prolific dreamer and then suddenly getting nothing was very disturbing to me. But trust me, your ability to recall the dreams will return. Think of this time as a vacation from yourself!

Lux,
Aisling

Moderated by  ChidoriDreams2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.