Print Thread
#327350 07/07/07 08:49 PM
Megan M Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Well, one of my long term projects is finally starting.

When Grandma died, not only did I inherit her embroidery stash, but also her crochet patterns. Many of these are from Pre WWII Australian magazines, though she has some from the 60's as well.

Beacuse most of these are pages torn from magazines, one of my long term goals is to copy them all into an electronic format.

So, I've started to that. When they're ready to go, I'll post a link here to where you can download them. They'll all be in PDF format, and where there is a picture of the finished piece, I'll include that as well.

Only one thing - they'll be using Australian terms (for example, a US single Crochet is called a Double Crochet, and US Double is a Treble here) but I'll make sure that I include a glossary

Megan McConnell
Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
E
How generous of you to share your antique patterns! Thank-you.
I will be watching for them, as I do enjoy them so, although these might be more of a challenge!

Last edited by Etta Mc.; 07/08/07 01:00 AM.

Etta Mc. but you may call me Etta.
G
G
Maybe you have the pattern i need. I'm planing my wedding and I want to crochet my dress but I can't find a pattern for adults everything is for dolls. I'm a size 10. please help me find a pattern. Thank you. Gladys

Megan M Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi Gladys

I've never seen a pattern for a crochet dress, and know I definitely don't have one in my stash.

Perhaps somebody else has seen one?

Anybody?

Megan McConnell
P
P
Gladys, if you will go to Yesterknit.com there is a free pattern for a crocheted wedding dress. Also if you search for crocheted wedding dress patterns you will find several for purchase. Also if you are an experienced crocheter, you can modify any crochet dress to be a wedding dress. There are many beautiful simple crochet dresses that could be modified. Best Wishes. PatZ

PatZ #330691 07/24/07 04:07 AM
K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
I love old patterns, I can also spend hours looking through the magazines at the adverts and recipes from days gone by.

I wrote a short article about crocheting for your wedding, which includes a link to the yesteryear dress.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

S
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
S
There was a crocheted wedding dress pattern in one of the crochet mags about 10 or 15 years ago. I am sitting here remembering that it had daisy sort of flowers around the neckline and hem. I am thinking it was a McCalls and it had to be a spring issue as it featured weddings. I made some of the accompanying articles for various girls, but none wanted the dress.

I do not want to go up to the storage building and look through all my boxes of patterns.

PS: I have all my grandmother's collection of Workbaskets from vol 1 iss 1 to about 1979 or 80, all her sis in law's patterns, all my other grandmother's patterns, and all my mother's patterns. Not too many overlaps. Also have all my MIL's knitting patterns. I am thinking there are around 26 very large boxes of patterns. Some are very old!

J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
I also think thats extremely generous of you thankyou so much. I can't wait to see the file as i am in Toowoomba and i love to read old magazines and patterns. I found a few Madam Weigels and took them to the Pioneer Village i used to volunteer at. Some of the cooking and houshold hints are so funny today.

Moderated by  Holly - Crochet Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.