Next Thread
Print Thread
#319986 06/06/07 11:28 AM
T
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
T
My sincere apologies but, the live chat will be temporarily down. It seems that I still have a few more things to learn before I'll be moderating a live chat but, in the meantime, we can continue discussions via email and, here, in the forum. Hopefully, it won't be too long before we can get the live chat open and utilizing it on a regular basis.

Last edited by Tatting_Editor_Beverly; 06/06/07 01:20 PM.

Beverly Elrod
Tatting
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Y
Y
With tatting is it possible to make a tablecloth or something of size? I have never seen anything larger than a doily. As you can tell I am not a tatter yet!!

yeolboot #323404 06/19/07 06:08 AM
T
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
T
Absolutely! My only suggestion would be to think carefully on the size of picots that you choose to work with. I say this because the bigger the picots are, or the looser your stitches, the more the picots will stretch. For me, I prefer to make my picots rather small and tight as my item gets bigger but, that's just a personal choice.

Please share with us when you do complete that 'large' project.

Beverly Elrod
Tatting
yeolboot #324620 06/24/07 10:45 PM
B
B
Yes it is possible to tat a tablecloth, but not only should you be careful about the picots, but also the thread you use.

I spent a whole year tatting a tablecloth from an old Anna Burda pattern, but as we were on a posting in Sri Lanka at the time the only cotton thread I could get was very soft. It cost 1 rupee a ball. The local pollution meant the white tablecloth was almost black by the time I finished it, so into the washing machine it went. (I thought that would be more gentle than the maid's usual laundry attack.)

Out came the most time-expensive dishcloth I have ever made!. One day I will try than pattern again - I think.

Regards, Buzby

Buzby #325840 06/30/07 09:42 AM
L
L
I too would love to find a tatting pattern for a tablecloth. I don't know why, but I am not one for motif style patterns, and that is all I see to find. Motifs just don't seem to lend themselves to making a round tablecloth (or oval) very easily.

My sister has some beautifully tatted items that she got from a friend (when the friend's gradmother passed away - she was the tatter). There were absolutely NO patterns! Can you just start in and figure it out as you go? That seems like it would be very hard to do because things wouldn't lay right.

Moderated by  Georgia, AK Tatter 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 08:19 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 06:17 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.