Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#309018 04/23/07 06:06 PM
C
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
C
Has anyone heard about this theory? It makes perfect sense to me and it sickens me.BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
The honey bees aren't just declining. They are dropping dead. I watched some footage a few weeks ago when it first hit the media.

They really don't know for certain it is the cell phone antennae but like you say it does seem to make sense.

I personally don't have a cell phone although I have considered it a few times. Stuff like this makes it easier not to get one. I've gone this long without one... Unfortunately there's a whole generation that's practically grown up with them and it will be harder for them to give them up. Not to mention it's become a large money making industry.

The human race has the power to do a lot of things. Unfortunately it usually comes down to convenience and money.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
The people who are studying Colony Collapse Disorder are ruling out cell phones for now. But this syndrome is more serious than we can comprehend. Without bees, people cannot survive on this planet. So, no matter the problem causing the hives to die, we better stop it, or our children and grandchildren will not live to attend their senior proms. And this is not sensationalism. It's truth!

Jan Goldfield

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Mother earth is sick? How did we take her temperature for global warming? Stick a thermometer up her south pole? We can survive without bees. We may not survive the ridiculous panic over this but the bees will be fine. Probably a cyclical thing. No reason to come unglued.

N
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
N
We can survive without bees in the same way we can survive without oil. Yes, it is technically possible, but would require a rather unpleasant lifestyle change. Far too many of our agricultural crops have been designed to be pollinated only by honeybees.

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
True, bees are certainly valuable. This is probably the first time in modern history that this has happened with bees. Years ago, we were not farming on this scale so drops in bee populations would not have been as noticed. We should not assume that this is either unique or alarming.

H
Shark
Shark
H
Originally Posted By: jesusfreak
True, bees are certainly valuable. This is probably the first time in modern history that this has happened with bees. Years ago, we were not farming on this scale so drops in bee populations would not have been as noticed. We should not assume that this is either unique or alarming.

Denial...

M
M
it is just GE crops...the bee keepers need to train them not to go on GE crops...

uknow...
C
C
Hope,
Try not to panic. Bee cool. LOL.

BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Actually, we couldn't surive without bees. Bees are a primary pollinator of food crops as well as wild plants. Witout bees, many many speices of plants would cease to be pollinated, and therefore would die out.

I don't think all the bees wil die, but I think it is a canary in the mine, so to speak. Read more here:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Farjana_Environment_Ed 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.