logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#317324 05/25/07 06:10 PM
OP Offline
A few weeks after my grandma died, my mom started having nightmares. They keep reccurring, and they're all the same. She never remembers anything except a shadowy figure standing beside her bed. The last time, the figure was holding a child. She always wakes up screaming and crying hysterically. Lately, my brother has been having the same nightmare: he can't remember anything except a shadowy figure. Also, the past two nights, his door has slammed by itself and he's hearing things in his room. What does the figure represent? What's happening?

Last edited by SweetSlayer; 05/25/07 11:38 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
Gecko
Gecko
P
I am no expert on dreams, but this sounds related to the death of your Grandma.

You do not indicate whether the figure is male or female in appearance.

Has there been an infant death in your family?

Patience.

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
John Adams

patience #318448 05/31/07 12:57 AM
Shark
Shark
I wouldn't be so sure that they are dreams. Somehow I believe it's related to the death of your grandma. Does your brother live with your mother, or in a different house? And do they have the same dream on the same night?

My bestfriend from school was tragically killed at the age of 19. I dream about her off and on. They were never scary. Last summer, on the anniversary of her death I again dreamed about her. It was like she was reminding me.

iwonder #318452 05/31/07 01:17 AM
P
Gecko
Gecko
P
Yes.I have a hunch this could be one of those 'unexplained' mysteries that often happen. It may not be anything to be afraid of.

Like iwonder's experience, my mother came dashing in to my bedroom one night when I was in great pain and could not move. I had purposely not called to her because she was an old lady and I didn't want to disturb her. She rushed over to me asking if I was OK -(obviously I was not!) and then she told me that she'd had a dream where my father (who had been dead for several years) had called to her, telling her to go to me because I needed her! I was astonished!

This is why I asked if there had been an infant death in your famiy, because it occurred to me that the visitor might be your Grandmother trying to let you all know that all is well.

Patience.

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
John Adams

patience #318629 05/31/07 05:18 PM
L
L
Maybe you should try talking to the figure. Ask it if it is your Grandmother. Most spirits do not wish you harm. As Patience said she may only wish to tell you that everything is alright. If yoU feel afraid tell them out loud "You have no power over me." Hope this helps.

Tomorrow is another day.
Scarlett O'Harrah
Gecko
Gecko
Just a story to support lindamunchkin's assertion that most spirits are benign in intent.
A number of years ago, friends of a friend were having their children wakened often very afraid of "the lady" in their room. We went for a visit and I found a spot where there was "reception" (felt all swimmy at that spot in the room). I had an inside conversation with "Marian" who said to me that she was simply worried about the kids. I told her she was inadvertantly scaring them and asked her to back off a little. She said she would. I reported back to the parents what I had learned.
They wrote me a week or so later after they had asked around with neighbours (they were new to this house) and discovered that about 20 years before, a woman lived there and her name was Maryanne. She had died leaving behind a husband and 2 young daughters. They moved a short while after, but it would appear that Maryanne never quite got over worrying about leaving her little girls without her care. The current generation of children were quite comforted in knowing that it was just Maryanne making sure they were ok, but as far as I know, the waking episodes stopped.
Good luck- it is still startling to say the least to wake up with someone standing at your bedside!

Be kinder than you need to be. Everyone is dealing with something.

Moderated by  ChidoriDreams2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.